• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cq Top 10 in 2018

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
1. Sagan
2. Froome
3. Betancur
4. Stybar
5. Boasson Hagen
6. Nibali
7. Henao
8. Demare
9. Van Garderen
10. Rui Costa

Outsiders
Contardor
Pinot
Thomas
Coquard
Meersman
Kwiatkowski
Degenkolb
Dennis
Jungels
Kelderman

1. Peter Sagan
2. Nairo Quintana
3. Chris Froome
4. Carlos Betancur
5. Alexander Kristoff
6. Joe Dombrowski
7. Michal Kwiatkowski
8. Andrew Talansky
9. John Degenkolb
10. Caleb Ewan

Three -skis in my top-10. Great times for Poland.

Maybe Mark Cavendish should be there as well, but I think he will retire out of boredom with winning.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
1 TGBM (32)
2 TAWK (27)
3 Danny van Poppel (25)
4 Tom Dumoulin (28)
5 Mathieu van der Poel (23)
6 Wout Poels (31)
7 Dylan van Groenewegen (25)
8 Robert Gesink (32)
9 Dylan van Baarle (26)
10 Lars Boom (33)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
janraaskalt said:
Why don't you mention him. You'd be the first to drop his name here on the forum. Probably.

Not sure how he would feel about me hyping him up on an internet forum at this time.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
manafana said:
Interesting.

I would have to have Pinot in their in 5 years he is superb talent. Sagan of course will keep it up. Moser will likely come on and do well.

I included Pinot, though I'm not sure I should have, look at A.Schleck's finishes at year end of 2009, 2010, 2011, even with Contador losing the 2010 tour they are 15, 10, 21.

1.Sagan (winning everything from TDU to San Remo, then G-W for the 6th time, podiuming a lot of classics, 2nd overall in a stage race with medium mountains, and easy green at the Tour)
2.Froome (finally winning his first TdF, after routinely dominating Romandie, Dauphine, and of course Oman)
3.Nibali (winning his 2nd Vuelta and his 5th TA, 2nd at the Tour)
4.Stuyven (his first strong season)
5.van Avermaet (having a grand season, contending in every big one day race he enters, probably winning one, then beating Boom by 1 second for Eneco GC, and retiring in the middle of 2019 after many DNFs)
6.Quintana (winning the Giro by more than 10 minutes, that's all he wants)
7.Degenkolb (surprise PR winner, then suck in almost everything else)
8.Kwiatkowski (winning in Pais Vasco and Poland)
9.Betancur (of course he'll win something big)
10.Porte (still with Froome, having a lot of 2nd place)

Moser, Talansky, Contador, Pinot, Phinney, Vanmarcke, Boom, Landa, Demare, Andy, for Top 20. No EBH, and nobody under 24.

I dreamed about most of this last night, so I post :D

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
1) EBH
2) Sagan
3) Uran
4) Betancur
5) Kwiatkowski
6) D Martin
7) Cav
8) Quintana
9) Durbridge
10) Keldermerckx

Jeez, this was tough. There were another 30/40 names that I could have picked

The Hitch said:
Lequipe did this for tennis for 2018.

Who do you think will be cq (cos UCI sucks) top 10 5 years from now in 2018. Thats assuming that breakaway thing doen't take over of course.

Eg, here is my list.

1 Peter Sagan (28 yo)
2 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (28)
3 John Degenkolb (29)
4 Chris Froome (33)
5 Carlos Alberto Betancur (29)
6 Daniel Martin (32)
7 Taylor Phinney (28)
8 Fabio Aru (28)
9 Andrew Talansky (30)
10 Oskar Svendsen (24)

11 Chris Horner (48 yo:p)

I made this post in June, 2 months before La Vuelta.

This counts as me seeing Horner's win coming :p

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
1 Peter Sagan (28 yo)
2 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (28)
3 John Degenkolb (29)
4 Chris Froome (33)
5 Carlos Alberto Betancur (29)
6 Daniel Martin (32)
7 Taylor Phinney (28)
8 Fabio Aru (28)
9 Andrew Talansky (30)
10 Oskar Svendsen (24)

11 Chris Horner (48 yo:p)

I like your list, but would have put the best ever cyclist No. 1... and the list lacks a out-of-nowhere-guy like his version at a younger age. How about Chad Haga at randomly chosen No. 7?

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
All this hype about Quintana. Can somebody remind me of a Colombian that has been at the top of this game for more than 5 years? All I have seen so far are little stars that are not shining for more than few years. Perhaps he is the exception to the rule.

Sagan
Quintana
Kwiatowski
Ewan
Betancur
Aru
Phinney
Degenkolb
Dombrowski
S. Yates

Wow it's hard to make a list- Froome, Contador, Nibali off and no Porte, Durbridge, Jungels, Stuyven, Zabel, Enger, Wellens ( i think could go well), Dan Martin, Pinot, Talansky, Majka, Kelderman

TRENDING THREADS