• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Craig's chances at Worlds

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I think he could. Possibly a shorter season will allow him to focus on soley on that event. If memory serves me correct, North Americans have always done well at Mount Sainte Anne. All the mud, roots, rocks etc, make it like a non world cup course. Also a good course for Kabush too and with him getting a world cup win under his belt last season, hopefully he is brimming with confidence.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Turd Ferguson said:
I think he could. Possibly a shorter season will allow him to focus on soley on that event. If memory serves me correct, North Americans have always done well at Mount Sainte Anne. All the mud, roots, rocks etc, make it like a non world cup course. Also a good course for Kabush too and with him getting a world cup win under his belt last season, hopefully he is brimming with confidence.

They typically do well, but getting a win might be too ambitious. He did finish fourth there a couple years ago, if memory serves. I don't think a podium is out of the question, but I see Kabush taking the win. I would love to see him get it though; it's been eluding him.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:
Well it looks as though nobody in these forums cares for mountain bike racing or the former US National Champ. :rolleyes:

As witnessed by the fact that one of the biggest MTB threads we have is the Leadville is a Scam thread...

Maybe we're all a bit guilty of it. I myself have only ever raced one road race, and poorly at that, but have raced XC for quite a while. Yet I spend 95% of my time in the Road section...

Every once and a while we'll get a decent thread over her to discuss. Perhaps this will be one of them?

I'd love to see Craig podium, and if Kabush were to take the win...two North Americans on the podium...well it hasn't happened in a long while, so it'd be pretty special :)

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
flyor64 said:
As witnessed by the fact that one of the biggest MTB threads we have is the Leadville is a Scam thread...

Maybe we're all a bit guilty of it. I myself have only ever raced one road race, and poorly at that, but have raced XC for quite a while. Yet I spend 95% of my time in the Road section...

Every once and a while we'll get a decent thread over her to discuss. Perhaps this will be one of them?

I'd love to see Craig podium, and if Kabush were to take the win...two North Americans on the podium...well it hasn't happened in a long while, so it'd be pretty special :)

Know what you mean. I'm very surprised the MTB forum isn't visited more often. I thought cycling fans that forum would be more diverse than what I see here. Road cycling is more accessible, but as the season gets going, there could be more worthy MTB racing topics. I hope so; the road threads are getting a little tiresome with the same incessant BS. Actually took a few days off to get away from it.

Back to Adam Craig, or at least the Worlds. I'd love to see Craig, Kabush, and Horgan-Kobelski all podium...that would be sweet.

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
The one thing I hear over and over again when I talk to the international racers is how much they love racing at Mont Sainte Anne. Doesn't seem to matter whether they are from Europe or North America.

That said, that kind of love of a particular course, especially as it will be "home turf" for North Americans, could inspire some great performances.

TRENDING THREADS