• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Crazy upsurge in Lance Armstrong Interest on PCS

I've tried googling why but can't find the answer in the news.
Lance Armstrong's PCS page is getting a crazy amount of clicks. What sent it off?

Maybe better not click it though, that will increase the numbers without finding a reason.

Just go to PCS homepage instead and look at list of today's popular riders.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Petition has begun to reinstate his wins the other day, but doubt it's that. Probably just someone running a bot on the page or a bug.
It could very well be that.

Those daily popular riders are often created by a snowball effect. If a few people search a rider just when the data on the website is being reset, often others will click it just to see why that rider is popular today. If you have 20 people who look up a nobody, just after the reset, then the automatic response of people browsing the site after them, will be ''huh, who is this guy and why is he popular today - let's click and find out''.

Same for ex pros. It doesn't take much to get the ball moving.

I've tried googling why but can't find the answer in the news.
Lance Armstrong's PCS page is getting a crazy amount of clicks. What sent it off?

Maybe better not click it though, that will increase the numbers without finding a reason.

Just go to PCS homepage instead and look at list of today's popular riders.

Hey,

exactly, that also caught my attention today… :)

I also don‘t have any explanation… :)

But it‘s good that Lance is in the headlines - after all, he‘s still the man; the only rider who ever rode the TdF who would have beaten the best possible version of Tadej Pogacar… :)

It's usually a few people spiking the views after seeing something posted on social media, then everyone gets curious and it spirals out of control.

Did see this floating around a bit on socials actually, Indurain putting 6 minutes 30 into Lance in stage design favourable to some of the older members of this forum, the 60km time trial (PHWOAR).

Boardman 5th in 1994, decent probability of him not being on any tech too, good lad.

It could also be from bringing him up in the Battled We Never Got to See thread again when @ppanther92 responded to Jens attacks post from 2011 about missing Armstrong vs Contador and Schleck in 2010 from crashes. Then I went to see Armstrong’s results that year and replied.

so maybe I kicked it off.
Crashed the forum last year and now kicking Armstrong off this year.

• Haha
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
It's usually a few people spiking the views after seeing something posted on social media, then everyone gets curious and it spirals out of control.

Did see this floating around a bit on socials actually, Indurain putting 6 minutes 30 into Lance in stage design favourable to some of the older members of this forum, the 60km time trial (PHWOAR).

Boardman 5th in 1994, decent probability of him not being on any tech too, good lad.

I remember that race well!

Lol, Rominger is a rider agent now ... or at least was.

Come on people, you need to think big. Try to get a rider upsurge of popularity on a rider who nobody would ever expect to be at the forefront of peoples' minds, but who in all his thoughts and deeds showed a desperate need to be the centre of all attention.

Come on people, you need to think big. Try to get a rider upsurge of popularity on a rider who nobody would ever expect to be at the forefront of peoples' minds, but who in all his thoughts and deeds showed a desperate need to be the centre of all attention.

This one is surely only possible in the depths of November when there's no racing on.
I've forgotten already.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

He might still be anonymous or have like in the 2012 Tour he was 10th and they didn’t show him.