• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2014: Stage 6, Grenoble - Poisy (178.5 km)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Screw DL. The most important part is that it wont interfere with his Tour performance. Really hope it wont (coming from a guy who cheer for Nibs and AC)

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Fight.The.Power said:
As much as I don't want Froome to win the TDF, I really hope he is OK and that this scrape will not affect his form.

Yes, I want Contador to beat Froome at 100%.

But now at least we have confirmed that Froome runs on blood. :p

So, Froome comes a cropper on the run in to home.
Looks fairly banged up, so could struggle tomorrow when El Pistolero turns over his big gear in earnest.
Nice, polite thanks to Bertie for not pulling a Movistar.

Westra unlucky to finish second, having done most of the work,but it was either that, or put Bakelants into the crowd.

Another decent finish and another break victory is a victory for the ASO's parcour picking.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
More Clinic comments creeping in the PRR section and nothing is done.
Expect the floodgates to open, come July.

I don't think that comment had anything to do with the clinic actually. But is toying with the idea of the 'alien' joke.

If anyone brought up the subject it was yourself. :(

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kender said:
After race interview with froome... Froome said he hit a pot hole and lost his front wheel
Lol,maybe he will start to look on the road instead of his powermeter:eek:
the sceptic said:
Yes, I want Contador to beat Froome at 100%.

But now at least we have confirmed that Froome runs on blood. :p

This,and after that not hear any nonsense like 'Froome is better cyclist than Contador' blahblab ,this Tour 2014 proves nothing,as he was injured :eek:

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Dang! He looks good in green :p

He looks better in yellow ;)

I dont think the Froome's injury is serious. otherwise he would have been attended by the doctor.
Winner of TdF following the wheels of his teammates didn't see a pot hole?
either that's the worst excuse, or <c****c>.

i can understand the over-enthusiasm about color of blood. trust me, i too believe that the conspiracy theorists are DoD's ploy to cover up the real color of alien's blood. but please let the alien talk be in the respective thread. no one should come and say "he did, she did" during the TdF stage threads and spoil a decent atmosphere here. Thank you.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Lol,maybe he will start to look on the road instead of his powermeter:eek:

please, let him continue to look at his magic dial. if by looking down he cud hit a pot hole, looking up he might hit road furniture and bring down the whole peloton.

ILovecycling said:
This,and after that not hear any nonsense like 'Froome is better cyclist than Contador' blahblab ,this Tour 2014 proves nothing,as he was injured :eek:
i think this is the reason why the sky riders were laughing. they knew the stock answer that he will give when he loses.

murali said:
please, let him continue to look at his magic dial. if by looking down he cud hit a pot hole, looking up he might hit road furniture and bring down the whole peloton.

I'm hoping that you didn't mean to say that massive falls, with attendant injuries and damage to prospects in the race, are desirable. Apologies: now I get the image you were getting at.

Armchair cyclist said:
I'm hoping that you didn't mean to say that massive falls, with attendant injuries and damage to prospects in the race, are desirable.

No what he said was, that he should continue to look down because he feared Froome looking up would cause even more carnage.

He just said it better then my clarification just did. ;)