• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 3

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hfer07 said:
wow -Brajkovic did very well indeed-& I don't want to star some speculations around, but are there any prior results from him as a ITTist at all?...
I always get skeptical when someone unknown in that discipline wins with that margin.......
anyways, I would've liked to see either Millar or EBH taken the Stage, but pretty much all the contenders came close together..

Wow, you must be total new guy to cycling.
Otherwise I cannot fathom why you say this

2004:
WORLD CHAMPION u23 TT (2nd. T.Dekker 3rd V.Nibali!!!)

Thüringen-Rundfahrt, Stage 7 : Themar I.T.T. 4th
Thüringen-Rundfahrt, Prologue : Weimar I.T.T. 2nd
European Championships U23 (Moskva) I.T.T. 3rd
Tour of Pologne ITT (ProTour) 4th
World Championships: 19th

2006:

Vuelta al Pais Vasco, Stage 6 : Zalla I.T.T. 5th
Volta a Catalunya, Stage 1 : Salou I.T.T. 3th
Tour de Suisse, Stage 9 : Kerzers - Bern I.T.T. 4th
Österreich-Rundfahrt / Wiesbauer Tour, Stage 6 : Podersdorf am See I.T.T. 5th

2007:

Tirreno - Adriatico, Stage 5 : Civitanova Marche Alta I.T.T. 7th
Tour de Romandie, Stage 5 : Lausanne I.T.T. 10th

2008:

Tour of California, Stage 5 : Solvang I.T.T. 7th
Deutschland-Tour, Stage 8 : Bremen I.T.T. 8th
World Championships (Varese) - I.T.T. 8th

2009:

Critérium International, Stage 3 : Charleville-Mézières I.T.T. 8th
Giro del Trentino, Stage 1 : Torbole - Arco I.T.T. 2nd
Giro d'Italia, Stage 12 : Sestri Levante - Riomaggiore I.T.T. 4th
Giro d'Italia, Stage 21 : Roma - Roma I.T.T. 11th

National Championships Slovenia (Solkan) I.T.T. 1st
World Championships (Mendrisio) I.T.T. 5th

2010:

Vuelta a Castilla y Leon, Stage 4 : Ponferrada I.T.T. 2nd
Tour de Romandie, Stage 3 : Moudon - Moudon I.T.T. 6th
Critérium du Dauphiné, Stage 3 : Monteux - Sorgues I.T.T. 3rd

So, where have you exactly been when you say Brajkovic had no prior TT results?
He was 5th at last years World Championships for crying out loud :rolleyes:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
So, where have you exactly been when you say Brajkovic had no prior TT results?
He was 5th at last years World Championships for crying out loud :rolleyes:

First of all-thanks for the Info-very usefull
second: If you read again my post- I asked for Information about his TT results, I never claimed he had "no prior ITT results"

most of all, I asked the information, because I did not have broader knowledge of his career, so I was hoping that one of the fellows here could be kind and Illustrate me in that aspect.:)

Now that I have informed myself on his results, I'd say it was a very well deserved win backed up by prior results:)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
First of all-thanks for the Info-very usefull
second: If you read again my post- I asked for Information about his TT results, I never claimed he had "no prior ITT results"

most of all, I asked the information, because I did not have broader knowledge of his career, so I was hoping that one of the fellows here could be kind and Illustrate me in that aspect.:)

Now that I have informed myself on his results, I'd say it was a very well deserved win backed up by prior results:)

Here's a very informative site.
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/start.asp

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Jan the Man said:
I don't think that Jani winning a TT is in the least bit suspicious. Nevertheless after seeing the smaller riders generally struggle in the wind I am slightly surpirsed that a big gear masher like a Millar, EBH or Grabsch didn't take this one.

a small rider TTing like that is suspicious, whatever you think.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hey this doesn't really have much to do specifically with the stage but it's just something I noticed about this year's Dauphiné and I don't want to start a whole new thread for this.

Did the ASO change the looks of their GC/Stage win/etc. statistics? Or are they just different at the Dauphiné than at the Tour? They're all silvery now, like trying to be modern and edgy and what not. I think those would be OK for a Formula 1 or a motorcycle race but I really, really like the looks of the stats at the Tour de France so far! They've been that way for years, it's part of the cultural heritage!

Christian said:
Hey this doesn't really have much to do specifically with the stage but it's just something I noticed about this year's Dauphiné and I don't want to start a whole new thread for this.

Did the ASO change the looks of their GC/Stage win/etc. statistics? Or are they just different at the Dauphiné than at the Tour? They're all silvery now, like trying to be modern and edgy and what not. I think those would be OK for a Formula 1 or a motorcycle race but I really, really like the looks of the stats at the Tour de France so far! They've been that way for years, it's part of the cultural heritage!

ASO only took over management of the Dauphiné this year.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Why all the accusations againt brajkovic? He's got plenty of time trial wins in his career. Reigning Slovenian national champ to go along with an U23 world TT championship win in 2004. I'm happy to see him get some really good results.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Just finished watching the stage (Swedish commentary FTW!)

I don't bet, on a matter of principle.
Once in a while, a friend of mine will ask me to tip a winner so he can bet. I get a bit mad at myself when I get it right, thinking of the money I could've made.

Today is one of those days. Bah.

Anyway, all in all a very predictable result from almost everyone, I think. Samoilau surprised me very positively, though. And Grabsch....negatively.

Was Soler eliminated? Or did he get special dispensation?
Nice one by Cataldo, BTW. A major crash right at the start, and still a very good time (for him)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
He's not unlucky or cursed. He's just the worst bike handler that ever existed. He could cause a mass crash in a group of 1.
It's like Zülle: It's not bad luck. It's having no talent for controlling a bike.