• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 7: Allevard-les-Bains - Sallanches 148km

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 7: Allevard-les-Bains - Sallanches 148km

stage07profile_600.gif

stage07map_600.jpg

If RS are worth their salt then Brajkovic should keep his lead and take the overall victory. Would love to see this as a TdF stage myself and I'll tip a Bbox rider.

And I don't mean to ask a stupid question as my French is basic, why is this race called a 'Critérium'? Does it mean that takes in a circuit? Because what I know of a criterium (ie what I race) is different.

A

Anonymous

Im just hoping for the miracle that is geraint either getting 2nd place and winning the green jersey, or stealing one or two of the intermediates and finishing 5th or whatever he needs to win.

I think he is more deserving of the points jersey than contador or brajkovic who probably dont care about the green jersey anyway

A

Anonymous

lead group of riders have about 45 seconds on the main field

Perget (GCE), Tjallingii (RAB), Silin (KAT), Aerts (OLO), Santaromita (LIQ), Millar (GRM), Le Mével (FDJ), De Weert, Cataldo (QST), Boasson Hagen (SKY), Minard, Pauriol (COF), Knees (MRM), Isasi, Perez (EUS), Lefèvre (BTL) et Duran Aroca (FOT)

just gone over the cat2 côte des Rafforts

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
If Eddy wishes to do something today, he's more than welcome to do so, and I may be prevailed upon to change my opinion vis a vis his tour selection.

i think hes just in the break to give sky a reason not to chase it down. this wont be the winning breakaway.. (famous last words)

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Better than Carlton, but I do wonder why he insists on pronouncing EVERYTHING incorrectly, frequently in several different ways.

i think hes trying to create a personality.. all the best commentators had one, duffield, kelly and his certaintlies.. hes just trying to create a name for himself. :D

hes doing well today.. weve only had

k-nees
dolphinay
and kenny-yuk

there will be more