• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2022, June 5 - 12

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
To be fair Gaudu did come out of nowhere. Can anybody post the hilarious photo finish?

they are always on Tissot:

000314010C010103FFFFFFFFFFFFFF0F.jpg

The overhead of the sprint is fun to watch Gaudu pin-balling through riders just to finally get to Wout’s wheel, and Wout certainly wasn’t aware there would be someone coming up on his right. But we see it often enough that you would think riders would have it ingrained in them that the rider they are sprinting elbow to elbow with coming to the line may not be the one that going to beat them.

Wout on the podium knowing full well he's getting a bollocking at dinner tonight.

Great win from Gaudu. Clearly on good form but we'll see how it translates in the mountains.
Yup, you can tell by his reaction just after the line that he wasn’t so much thinking “OMG I just gave away a precious win” but rather “OMG I’m never going to hear the end of this and the guys are going to be merciless with the sh$t they’ll give me”;)

I saw Jonas on the radio at least three times in one minute in those last km. I wonder what he asked for!

It was just a total fail from JV. Probably the worst finish & tactical screw-up I've seen in a while.

This evening's dinner will be hilarious in their hotel, i.e. between blowing up their teammates, babysitting WvA, Jonas having multiple radio meltdowns whilst pulling & Roglic not even sprinting... not good.

It's no use having 3 of the best riders in the world when they don't work well together & step on each other's toes. That was the case today.

Anyway, we don't even know how Rog would have fared in that sprint because the team car backed a different horse.

TRENDING THREADS