• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Crit Crash Video - First person POV

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
53x11 Spinner said:
Sacramento Grand Prix on the Tour of California finishing circuit.

This is what happens when the officials pull a boneheaded move of letting people out of the wheel pit right in front of a fast moving pack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNPVr-Pzrhw

Great footage and one recommendation: unless you were tailgunning for this footage you missed a couple of clear shots to the front on that inside line. Better to be in the front 10 when the pit crew throws this human sacrifice into the field.

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:
Great footage and one recommendation: unless you were tailgunning for this footage you missed a couple of clear shots to the front on that inside line. Better to be in the front 10 when the pit crew throws this human sacrifice into the field.

you are completely right.

on the first lap, i misjudged how long the back straight was (despite pre-riding the course) so i tucked in for the corner way too early.

leading into the start/finish, i moved up to my teammate (#152 in blue/white) to tell him that i was going to blaze up the left side the next time we came to the back straight so that he could get a free ride to the front.

unfortunately, i never saw the back straight again...

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
53x11 Spinner said:
you are completely right.

on the first lap, i misjudged how long the back straight was (despite pre-riding the course) so i tucked in for the corner way too early.

leading into the start/finish, i moved up to my teammate (#152 in blue/white) to tell him that i was going to blaze up the left side the next time we came to the back straight so that he could get a free ride to the front.

unfortunately, i never saw the back straight again...

We've all learned from prior experience, usually painful. Thanks for the great coverage. Did anyone get a shot at the pit officials? I'd be handing them the bill for the broken carbon.

TRENDING THREADS