• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium du Dauphine 2014: Stage 3, Ambert - Le Teil 194 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
christopherrowe said:
I just watched this again and I think you're right. Thinking back to what I've seen of Bouhanni this year (which is more or less just the Giro), he seems to be better able to act as a free agent sans organized train. He also finds and follows lines through the crowd that seem kind of crazy at times, which I suppose is part and parcel of being a sprinter.

As for your message, surely Arnaud knows that he's not posting wins of the same quality as Nacer's and that he has a ways to go yet. The weird thing is that Marc Madiot apparently doesn't know it. I understand there might be personality issues (with a sprinter? is it possible?), but I don't understand why a French team wouldn't want to schedule and program their riders in such a way so as to maximize chances for glory in July. And while he's got a way to go himself, Bouhanni simply seems like he would have been the better choice for that than Démare. At least to go by the results they've each posted over the last twelve months of racing.

Relations between Bouhanni and FdJ soured a bit when he wasn't selected for MSR. While both parties say this is an issue of the past, I think it doesn't help in the general relationship.

TRENDING THREADS