• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Currently I Am Pondering........

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Whether I should walk out the door yelling "I Quit", get on a plane and move to Kyrgyzstan to herd sheep peacefully for the rest of my life.

Then again, I have similar thoughts every working day of my life

A

Anonymous

Murray said:
... Yes... yes it can...

So it can...

29aqjj8.jpg

o0ywee.jpg

Bit skittish, but fun :D

Got to say, the winter gear ive got, wasnt expensive at all, but its damn warm and comfy..

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
... how my kid can push muck out the front, back, and sides of her diaper at the same time. Sorry, but it is rather impressive from someone weighing 15 lbs and it does make me wonder.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
So it can...

Bit skittish, but fun :D

Got to say, the winter gear ive got, wasnt expensive at all, but its damn warm and comfy..

Very nice pics. I have that same bike for my winter commuter. I also found it a bit skittish in the snow with drop bars so I changed to flat bars and V-brakes... much better for Canadian winter.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
2q3nkph.jpg

Depends on the pilot.

I must be ok then, had no problems, although to be fair i steered well clear of the hill at the end of my road and stuck to the flat.. Got a nice little park at the end of the road with a .5km circular track, and three nice lumpy hills, perfect cross training in this weather.

dimspace said:
I must be ok then, had no problems, although to be fair i steered well clear of the hill at the end of my road and stuck to the flat.. Got a nice little park at the end of the road with a .5km circular track, and three nice lumpy hills, perfect cross training in this weather.

I hadn't seen your pics before I posted that, looks pretty similar! Just look out after it warms a bit then refreezes.

A

Anonymous

Just signed up for the cyclo-tourist Ronde van Vlaanderen. 250km.

I am pondering why I did that.:confused:

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:

pondering if you are mad..

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:

I take it you've never ridden it before.

Here's my tip: ride a few of the roads a while before the "big day". Preferably still within the refund date. You'll be asking for one after you do :D

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
I mean this in the nicest possible way, you are nuts

Literally everyone I ride with (some ex-pro's/national team guys) have said the exact same thing.

I stopped drinking beer about 3 weeks ago. I must be very serious...

A

Anonymous

issoisso said:
I take it you've never ridden it before.

Here's my tip: ride a few of the roads a while before the "big day". Preferably still within the refund date. You'll be asking for one after you do :D

I rode quite a bit in Flanders last year. My intention was to do the Ronde last year but chickened out. Now, I've told too many people that I'm doing it....

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
:eek: I sense a disturbance in the Force.

Can't look at the beer thread...Can't look at the beer thread...Can't look at the beer thread...

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Can't look at the beer thread...Can't look at the beer thread...Can't look at the beer thread...

*cracks open a bottle of beer*

I'm pondering when is this phone call I meant to get from America going to happen? Good on you for opting for the 250km ride, knowing me, I would probably do the same.

TRENDING THREADS