• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"Cycling cafe"

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Brought up in the black cycling topic: isn't it a good idea to create an extra forum, for cycling trivia, so we can keep the rest for the more 'serious' talk?

BroDeal said:
This is why we need a "cycling cafe" forum. Since this forum is pretty much all pro racing, there are a lot of subjects that do not fit.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Start a new social group under the "Community" section if you're so inclined. What you're asking for will never happen. You can even call it..hmmmmm, let me think here, "CYCLING CAFE".;)

A

Anonymous

we have asked and asked in the moderator thread with various other ideas...

but as long as nobody from cycling news comes here, nothing will be done.. i think they have deserted the forum to be honest..

A

Anonymous

Buffalo Soldier said:
Brought up in the black cycling topic: isn't it a good idea to create an extra forum, for cycling trivia, so we can keep the rest for the more 'serious' talk?

Change your name man, because I have had Bob Marley in my head since yesterday.......

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
All,

There are actually plans for some forum changes prior to the Tour de France starting this weekend. To that end, I'm open to hearing suggestions on different ways to separate the road forum into better sorted areas. And before you all suggest it, there's no need to mention the doping one - obviously we're all aware of this one. So suggestions on other areas are appreciated.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Could we also have a Lance Armstrong area? So all of the people who want to fight back and forth can go there without inundating the road forum with 100's of threads of endless fighting.

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I read the comment,well nice thought.I totally agree with you for this meter.Nice way to remain in touch with the members.Thank you for sharing the comment..

I am curious what it takes to get a thread locked. F.I. the Obama thread in the Cafe, and why the closing transgression seems like such a moving target.
It seemed to me like a number of people were successfully raising quite contradictory points without much in the way of rancor. A couple of guys were getting a little over the top (ok a lot) but for the most part everyone else was ignoring them and behaving themselves, and differing points of view were being aired. I thought that was why we were here. True it has nothing to do with cycling (unless you fall off and happen to live in the USA) but it was one thread in the place that was set up for non cycling stuff.
I'm just saying, I think someone overreacted.

TRENDING THREADS