Cycling Commentators/Experts Frustations

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
17,455
3
0
The point is it's not silly to say someone who got fourth can do one single place better and be third on the podium.

It's not like 2012 had a route that suited him.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
El Pistolero said:
The point is it's not silly to say someone who got fourth can do one single place better and be third on the podium.

It's not like 2012 had a route that suited him.
He lost time on the mountain stages aswell ;)
 
I always liked the German Eurosport commentators Karsten Migels and Ulli Jansch in combination! They were always very emotional and funny and Janschi always had some nice background information about every rider (Although commentating alone he's a bit abstracted sometimes). Anybody said once about the two "2 commentators watching a bicycle race while talking about god and the world - no matter if the viewer is listening" :D

Now Migels has Jean-Claude Leclerq as expert by his side. Leclerq most of the time gives very good prognostics in my opinion. But you have to deal with his Suisse accent.

The Sporza commentators are clearly the best ones I've heard so far! It's always nice to hear them.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
De Cauwer is my fav analist, he knows his cycling very well.

Boogerd was cool too but yeah prob won't see him again, a shame :(

Mart Smeets is...well yeah :rolleyes:
 
Aug 12, 2010
128
1
0
It's not that difficult.

There are great riders and there are almost-great riders like VDB. When the greats fail, the almost-greats step up and then VDB is by far the most likely to do so, since he is easily the most reliable and consistent.

It's not like those guys never succeed. Hesjedal won the Giro, didn't he?

One could argue that there were always at least 3 guys around that were better than Sastre, but that didn't stop him.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Praetor said:
It's not that difficult.

There are great riders and there are almost-great riders like VDB. When the greats fail, the almost-greats step up and then VDB is by far the most likely to do so, since he is easily the most reliable and consistent.

It's not like those guys never succeed. Hesjedal won the Giro, didn't he?

One could argue that there were always at least 3 guys around that were better than Sastre, but that didn't stop him.
Giro is not the tour and Sastre actually was on podiums prior to that tour and maybe would have done more but that's clinic.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,579
0
0
Miburo said:
Giro is not the tour and Sastre actually was on podiums prior to that tour and maybe would have done more but that's clinic.
Come on, VDB on the Tour podium wouldn't be so strange. Wiggo and Froome are better, full stop. But then there's Andy, who has to come from very far. And Wiggo, assuming he'll do the Giro his form probably won't be what it was last year. There's Evans, with his virus infection. And one or two of them will probably crash out/lose half an hour in a sprint stage.

Museeuw has said much bigger bullsh.t.
 
Jul 7, 2009
583
0
0
El Imbatido said:
Phil Liggett was the worst for always talking about Armstrong....which should hopefully stop now. But here is a classic case of Phil pumping Armstrong and bagging out others, in this case Contador. It was taken from the stage 3 pre-race Versus show from the 2010 Tour de France, where they talk about the riders and how they'll go on the cobble stage. I edited it into a nice little video for everyone

Click here
"Clever people like Armstrong know what they're all about"
Lucky I didn't blow grits.
Clever indeed, Armstrong is.
Phil Liggett needs to go away as well.
 
Every time I read someone complain about commentator, I feel lucky for having the commentators we do in Denmark.

Both the 3 or 2 (3 for the tour where it is deluxe mode ;) ) on tv2 or the pair on eurosport are exellent.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY