• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling Ettiquete - The Rules

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I have to confess that I use a saddle bag on my road bike.
I didn't use to but one day I crashed in the rain going around a tight corner. I had put my house keys in the side pocket of my jersey and as I scrapped along the asphalt on my side and back, the key dug in right where the pelvic bone is. It left a nasty bruise for weeks and totaled my jersey. It could have been much worse.
I since put all metal objects in the saddle bag, away from my tired bones.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Today I was banned from the Rules of the Euro Cyclist for being too dogmatic about the rules. (I insisted that even though Zabel has a thousand wins he is not exempt from any of the rule)

I must repeat:

No long knicks or short socks.

No black socks

No team kits unless in a team.

No Cervelos.

No sitting on my wheel while I'm trying to do a solo recovery ride.

No attempting to look like a bike messenger, only a solid meth habit will get you there.

Booties must be WHITE.

You must never complain about any equiptment which has been provided free from a sponsor unless it is long knicks or short black socks.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Rule 5 is the only one that matters.

Subsection a, classification x)

don't tell me how badass(and 2 to 3mph faster, I mean 5kph faster) your Zipp 404's with Vittoria open whatever's pumped to 130psi are, compared to normal training wheels, and then whine about the route because the roads suck that way.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Okay... we have an entire team (probably more) breaking that rule...

Please note my final rule:

You must never complain about any equipment which has been provided free from a sponsor unless it is long knicks or short black socks.

Cervelos are allowed if free. But dont even think about A)buying one or B) trying to tell me how good it is.