• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling in Florence?

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My husband and I are going on a Mediterranean Cruise leaving August 2. He loves to road bike and would like to rent a bike at least one of the days. We’ve decided on Florence. The ship gets in to port at Livorno at 7 am and departs at 7 pm. Any advice out there on where he should rent and where he should go in that short timespan?

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
the best move would be to just rent wherever you could in livorno. i believe that cecina has a shop, i know that donoratico has a good shop and some great riding near it. pisa also has shops i believe and has great riding in and around the mountains near lucca. san miniato basso has a big manufacturer right off the fi-pi-li. from san miniato you can access a lot of good roads around montaione and gambassi terme. there are also a lot of hot springs for the wives, which seems to be a concern.

TRENDING THREADS