• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling in Mekong Delta

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
“We offer an alternative trip to the Mekong,” explained John on the morning of departure. “The area is so perfect for riding that we feel there is a need to offer cyclists a unique route through The Delta.” Cycling Mekong Delta

“Most tours follow the same paths,” added Van. “With my knowledge of the region we can help travellers avoid the crowds and really appreciate the scenery.” http://www.mekongbiketours.com/

Van the man made 6 days on MTB touring with Sijo & Roeland from Holand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHM5_CHmTSg&list=UUi414UAlc0jsG7KUvloLnrA

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I suspect this is more an advert than a real post, but I'm not reporting it as such, because REAL posts about this topic could be fascinating. And this one is interesting.

I never would have thought of cycling Vietnam.

Btw - doing adverts will get you banned here. Got to do them the official way, and pay for the space.

hiero2 said:
I suspect this is more an advert than a real post, but I'm not reporting it as such, because REAL posts about this topic could be fascinating. And this one is interesting.

I never would have thought of cycling Vietnam.

Btw - doing adverts will get you banned here. Got to do them the official way, and pay for the space.

Doing adverts will get you banned here? You been to the Powercrank thread?

There does seem to be a slight double standard about advertising when it comes to members who post a lot (note I'm not saying contribute...) and those who sign up for one off posts like this.

I can see why, just mentioning it.

To the OP, if you ever return, if you wrote more of an article rather than just stuck up a few quotes you would generate a lot more interest and probably be within the rules.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Doing adverts will get you banned here? You been to the Powercrank thread?

:D - U kidding me? Remember, I modded that section heavily for a spell. Gave up on them. I did get them to tone it down for a while - but both of them would keep popping back in with something after a month or two.

King Boonen said:
There does seem to be a slight double standard about advertising when it comes to members who post a lot (note I'm not saying contribute...) and those who sign up for one off posts like this.

I can see why, just mentioning it.

To the OP, if you ever return, if you wrote more of an article rather than just stuck up a few quotes you would generate a lot more interest and probably be within the rules.

The highlighted bit - yeah. Probably so. Or at least tolerated.

My personal take is more tolerant than the rules are. Especially when it comes from "little guys" - small businesses, small races - people not making enough money to spit at on this - or making none at all. But, it is what it is.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I went for a ride in the Mai Chau valley and in Hoi An. Was pretty cool.

When guys came back from 'Nam in the 60's and 70's - they would say it would be a great place to take a holiday - quite seriously - except for the war.

I recall them saying they thought it was a beautiful place.

TRENDING THREADS