• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling News iPhone App - on the agenda?

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I'm intrigued by all of the negative commentary on the new site. I don't mind the changes.

However - what I would like to know is whether there is a Cycling News iphone app in development? Accessing the site (new or old) on a handheld is a pretty ordinary experience.

You can do it, but pages are slow to load (even when connected via a fast wi-fi connection) and are very hard to navigate.

Does anyone know if this development on the agenda?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
use rss

not sure about an iphone app atm but you could hook up the various CN sitewide rss feeds on your iphone which would let you read through the site without having to page through the site.
tbh, the site on my iphone seems okay using safari seems okay. what phone network are you on?

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm with Telstra - most other sites work brilliantly on the iPhone and are really quick to load no matter where I am in Australia (city or country).

The old version of the site was "usable" on the iPhone, but not perfect. However now the site takes longer to load and scrolling is next to impossible (or perhaps I'm just impatient). I used to read the site on my phone several times a day but now won't bother until there is a CN iPhone App or a mobile friendly version.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
iphone app

probably more likely to be a mobile version than a specific iphone app as that would then allow crackberry users to use it as well.

incidentally, i wonder who would pay for a CYN iphone app? might be something i'd buy for a few coins.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
yeah - I'd be happy to pay a few bucks for it as well. Not sure if I'd pay an ongoing fee like some of the new iphone apps, but would be happy to pay $3 or $4 for it as an app.

unfortunately here in nz it is not available on nz itunes,forcing you to join up with itunes in the states. any chance of putting it out on nz itunes? i don't need/want 2 i tunes a/c, but do need the app!

TRENDING THREADS