• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Where do we get to watch the Worlds this year? Peacock? GCN doesn't seem to have the USA rights.
Unless NBC/Peacock somehow come through last minute I'm not paying for Flobikes either.

It's obscene how difficult it can be to watch international races here in the States, you need something like a dozen different subscriptions and that adds up very quickly! I'll have to resort to TIZ or some such.

PS - I don't understand why cycling specifically gets kicked around so much. I mean, even something like XC skiing (which is possibly even more niche in the States than cycling) gets reliable coverage from Peacock every winter. (Hope I didn't just jinx that, I love watching XC skiing in the winter!) But cycling is like that bastard child that no American channel is willing to commit to, it can find no permanent home. It's sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carols
It's obscene how difficult it can be to watch international races here in the States, you need something like a dozen different subscriptions and that adds up very quickly! I'll have to resort to TIZ or some such.

PS - I don't understand why cycling specifically gets kicked around so much. I mean, even something like XC skiing (which is possibly even more niche in the States than cycling) gets reliable coverage from Peacock every winter. (Hope I didn't just jinx that, I love watching XC skiing in the winter!) But cycling is like that bastard child that no American channel is willing to commit to, it can find no permanent home. It's sad.
But cycling is like that bastard child that no American channel is willing to commit to, it can find no permanent home. It's sad.

Very sad but I'm old enough to remember when the Only foreign coverage was newsreels of the TdF at the movie theater. Domestic coverage was live on the side of the road or in the velodrome :) In the late 1960s the first cycling magazine appeared and by the late 70s and early 80s there were cycling magazines where you could read about the foreign races in detail.

Very sad but I'm old enough to remember when the Only foreign coverage was newsreels of the TdF at the movie theater. Domestic coverage was live on the side of the road or in the velodrome :) In the late 1960s the first cycling magazine appeared and by the late 70s and early 80s there were cycling magazines where you could read about the foreign races in detail.
Was TV coverage better during Lance's reign? (I didn't start following pro cycling till about a decade ago, and while I was certainly aware of Lance's existence cause he was plastered just about everywhere at that time I didn't follow cycling, per se.)

Reactions: Sandisfan
I have seen that on Cyclingnews that the TDU starts tomorrow. it has been listed as being on GCN+ but when I go to their site, US subscriber, it's not listed, the only listings are for British and French National cycloscross" championships B" "Fr"Jr mens, jr womens elite womens elite mens all listed for the 15th but nothing listed for TDU in upcoming events. :confused_old:

I have seen that on Cyclingnews that the TDU starts tomorrow. it has been listed as being on GCN+ but when I go to their site, US subscriber, it's not listed, the only listings are for British and French National cycloscross" championships B" "Fr"Jr mens, jr womens elite womens elite mens all listed for the 15th but nothing listed for TDU in upcoming events. :confused_old:
It says on the TDU site that North American partners are NBC and Flobikes. You probably need to either use one of those or run a VPN.

It says on the TDU site that North American partners are NBC and Flobikes. You probably need to either use one of those or run a VPN.

The NBC which I believe is Peacock (hope don't have to subscribe to a different NBC stream :) ) never lists small races till the day of the broadcast don't know why they Don't it's weird. Flobikes listing says It's not available to me but if all else fails I could get a VPN and change my location just not sure which contry to have it set to. Thank!!!!

So it's buried on Peacock with commercials and Phil :(
I like Phil from a nostalgia perspective but he’s definitely fallen off, and it feels like it’s worsened since Paul passing away. Phil’s doing what he loves but he’s missing more and more things or inaccuracies. But I can’t complain since Peacock or where ever they play it is the only time I can watch the races live. It stinks more races aren’t on there. Otherwise I just watch whatever’s uploaded on YouTube in English and Lanterne Rouge.

I'm giving in.

I'm getting GCN and Peacock Plus

Don't hate me.

I don't hate you, this is my 3rd year doing it. Great coverage on GCN without the hassle and only $50 per year.
Previously I only got Peacock in the months that had road bike races but they had a sale for the year at $30. So I got that. I don't know when my year expires but I've found other original content plus theater movies I've liked so I used it all year :)

TRENDING THREADS