Cycling on USA TV

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Where do we get to watch the Worlds this year? Peacock? GCN doesn't seem to have the USA rights.
Unless NBC/Peacock somehow come through last minute I'm not paying for Flobikes either.

It's obscene how difficult it can be to watch international races here in the States, you need something like a dozen different subscriptions and that adds up very quickly! I'll have to resort to TIZ or some such.

PS - I don't understand why cycling specifically gets kicked around so much. I mean, even something like XC skiing (which is possibly even more niche in the States than cycling) gets reliable coverage from Peacock every winter. (Hope I didn't just jinx that, I love watching XC skiing in the winter!) But cycling is like that bastard child that no American channel is willing to commit to, it can find no permanent home. It's sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carols
It's obscene how difficult it can be to watch international races here in the States, you need something like a dozen different subscriptions and that adds up very quickly! I'll have to resort to TIZ or some such.

PS - I don't understand why cycling specifically gets kicked around so much. I mean, even something like XC skiing (which is possibly even more niche in the States than cycling) gets reliable coverage from Peacock every winter. (Hope I didn't just jinx that, I love watching XC skiing in the winter!) But cycling is like that bastard child that no American channel is willing to commit to, it can find no permanent home. It's sad.
But cycling is like that bastard child that no American channel is willing to commit to, it can find no permanent home. It's sad.
Very sad but I'm old enough to remember when the Only foreign coverage was newsreels of the TdF at the movie theater. Domestic coverage was live on the side of the road or in the velodrome :) In the late 1960s the first cycling magazine appeared and by the late 70s and early 80s there were cycling magazines where you could read about the foreign races in detail.

Very sad but I'm old enough to remember when the Only foreign coverage was newsreels of the TdF at the movie theater. Domestic coverage was live on the side of the road or in the velodrome :) In the late 1960s the first cycling magazine appeared and by the late 70s and early 80s there were cycling magazines where you could read about the foreign races in detail.
Was TV coverage better during Lance's reign? (I didn't start following pro cycling till about a decade ago, and while I was certainly aware of Lance's existence cause he was plastered just about everywhere at that time I didn't follow cycling, per se.)

Reactions: Sandisfan

ASK THE COMMUNITY