• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling radio (live)

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of good live radio for cycling? I mean, there are races going on all the time--I imagine there is probably some good coverage in England. We have radio coverage on baseball all the time in the US, I'd love to stumble on something similar for cycling...

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
streever said:
Does anyone know of good live radio for cycling? I mean, there are races going on all the time--I imagine there is probably some good coverage in England. We have radio coverage on baseball all the time in the US, I'd love to stumble on something similar for cycling...

Pretty limited in the UK to be honest, although BBC Radio 5 Live has sometimes covered Tour De France fairly well. Particularly on 5 Live Sports Extra.

It generally depends what else is going on as other sports particularly Football/Rugby/Cricket tend to take precedence!

You can also listen generally to the Eurosport commentary online. steephill.tv and cyclingfans.com etc, generally provide links...

A

Anonymous

you tend to be restricted to podcasts for things like that. There is one thats on a few hours a week but im damned if i can remember what or when.

As far as podcasts go I do like velocast

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the podcast links! I will listen to them (and of course my eurosport when the TDF is on) and think wistfully of a future in which cycling is covered :)

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Radios.

I was brought up in north west Ireland and could pick up leTourRadio (French commentary) no problem on the a.m or long wave dial a bit fuzzy but it did. All you need is a good aerial. Not a massive aerial. just a normal one properly connected. So those in England should get it no probs if your not blocked by high hills etc. Just fine tune slowly find the freq. Then play with aerial(radio boffs no what I mean)Then again that was the lazy days of school holidays and had all day to do it......not anymore.

http://www.europe1sport.fr/

or http://www.rtl-lequipe.fr/

could help during leTour. I'm sure a little homework should help you out. As I remember a dutch radio station did it in english. It been a long time since I just can't think. Ask in sport chat rooms/forums especially dutch or belguim ones as they speak english and may help you..... I'll check too at some stage. Or the eurosprt forums etc or l'equipe....etc.

TRENDING THREADS