• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling Tour/vacations...Giro, which company??

Jun 5, 2009
Visit site
Im wanting to take a cycling vacation next year, and have decided on the Giro. Id be intersted in hearing from people who have taken guided tours....you know, riding part of the stages, watching the finishes , etc.

W..dhich outfit did you use, satisfaction , service..did you take your own bike or ride one that was supplied to you?
Just trying to decide which service to use. Thanks in advance.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Well it depends on your goal or desired vacation itinerary. If its to follow the races and do only cycling related things and be surrounded by cycling nuts then I'd have to recommend BikeStyle (they advertise on CN, that's where I got them from as well). We had a small group (luckily) and we only did cycling related activities with plenty of eating and drinking, there was also plenty of free time to get away from it all if you wanted, which I did plenty of. Of course it all depends on who shows up but if you also tell them what you want they'll set you up with the right people in the group so you don't end up with a group wanting to do the touristy thing. Its pricey but I thought it was more than worth it, top class accommodation's (hotels) and you're cycling so there were bathrooms pretty much anywhere you wanted some more scenic than others :D, not to mention eating stops where ever there was an open bakery/store/bar/coffee-shop. All you had to do is wake up get dressed and everything was pretty much arranged or setup some how so you didn't have to deal with the itinerary or planning, if anything there was a vote of what to do if there were options. I want to go again! I wonder if they're doing referral discounts :D

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Another recommendation for BikeStyle. I did the Tour trip with them in 2004. It was fantastic, plenty of riding mixed with time for other things too. Our guides were great too, I was able to ride with Allan Peiper, Patrick Jonker, Neil Stephens, Michael Wilson, Craig Saunders. It was fantastic. Natalie and Lawrie know how to do it right.

TRENDING THREADS