• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cyclingnews Build a Bike Thread: Week3 pt2 - The Wheelset

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which wheelset combo should go on the $6000 USD bike?

• Williams 58 Full Carbon Tubular $1000 + Mavic Open Pros $250 = $1250

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
53 x 11 said:
while the old opens give up a few grams to the DT's after the DT exploding single eyelet rims I give them a miss. The open pros last longer to.

Recheck the link..the 'double' means double eyelet.

NO noisy eyelets, NO noisy wedge ala openpro. DTs are a far superior rims..after building a few hubdred of each. OpenPros are lighter also but DT 1.1 double is a better rim all around AND if you use the single eyelet for the front, say 28h, it works fine if built well.

Bustedknuckle said:
Agree, wish they were more available from a US distributor. Mavic are a distant 4th choice for my wheelbuilding biz, even behind Sun.

To be honest with you i'd just had enough of this wheelset thread and was just trying to move it along before it died. Each thread in this gamewas supposed to run for about a week but this one is in it's third. Sorry if it seemed like i ignored your idea but i didnt want to do more research.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I really hope we have some money left over for the kind of training I'm going to need to make this bike go noticeably faster than the one I already have... :rolleyes::D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Reynolds RZR 46T... The future of race wheels??

We could always drop the whole budget on the new Reynolds RZR 46[T] - a cool US$6000 for a carbon wheelset. Seriously, who would do that?

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
elapid said:
We could always drop the whole budget on the new Reynolds RZR 46[T] - a cool US$6000 for a carbon wheelset. Seriously, who would do that?

The same people who think dropping major loot on equipment will make them faster, and the same who's answer to exorbitant prices debate on this forum is "because I can".