• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cyclingnews, you annoy me

Do you read trough your articles before you post them?:confused:

First of all Thomas Lövkvist is not norwegian, he's swedish. Shouldn't be so hard to get right. And secondly did he debut in the tour in 08? I don't think so.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lovkvist-unsure-of-tour-leadership-in-2010

It's just not in this article though, you make simple mistakes all the time. Wrong pictures of riders is for example very common. It makes you look unproffesional and its not fun to read a article full of mistakes either.
Please change this

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
If this site annoys you, then quit reading it. Better yet, make a better site and hold it to your standards.

These guys and gals at cyclingnews do a good job. Perfect? No. But better than their competitors by far.

You could also just email them and let them know. Do it enough times, maybe you'll find yourself a job as an editor. ;)

Airing your grievances here, in such a tone, is not the best tactic. Would you say it to their face using the same language?

Willy_Voet said:
You could also just email them and let them know. Do it enough times, maybe you'll find yourself a job as an editor. ;)

Airing your grievances here, in such a tone, is not the best tactic. Would you say it to their face using the same language?

No probably not, but it's not like the first time it's happened so that made me a little annoyed.

Anyway I see they have changed it now, so it's all good;)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Goldberger, you annoy me

Goldberger said:
Do you read trough your articles before you post them?:confused:

First of all Thomas Lövkvist is not norwegian, he's swedish. Shouldn't be so hard to get right. And secondly did he debut in the tour in 08? I don't think so.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lovkvist-unsure-of-tour-leadership-in-2010

It's just not in this article though, you make simple mistakes all the time. Wrong pictures of riders is for example very common. It makes you look unproffesional and its not fun to read a article full of mistakes either.
Please change this

Do you read through your posts before you post them?;)

First of all, it's "through" not "trough". Shouldn't be so hard to get right. And secondly, is it right to leave "norwegian" and "swedish" uncapitalized? I don't think so.

It's not just those two simple mistakes, though. You've misspelled "unprofessional" and omitted apostrophe an in "its" (which makes it a possessive when you want a contraction). It makes you look like a bit of a dolt and it's not fun to read a post full of mistakes, either.

Please change this.

Glaucon said:
Do you read through your posts before you post them?;)

First of all, it's "through" not "trough". Shouldn't be so hard to get right. And secondly, is it right to leave "norwegian" and "swedish" uncapitalized? I don't think so.

It's not just those two simple mistakes, though. You've misspelled "unprofessional" and omitted apostrophe an in "its" (which makes it a possessive when you want a contraction). It makes you look like a bit of a dolt and it's not fun to read a post full of mistakes, either.

Please change this.

Thank god im not a journalist then;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Interesting set of responses really. Especially since this forum is full of other comments that agree that the original poster is 100% correct.

The standard on CN has slipped a lot in the last 12months.

Photos have been attributed to the wrong people, articles have been "mashed up" and unreadable, indicating they weren't checked by the web team when published, or have been published without being properly edited for spelling, grammar, and factual correctness.

Its great that you folks seem completely happy to continue supporting the site, but picking holes in the writing of a forum post does not diminish this at all.

Martin318is said:
Interesting set of responses really. Especially since this forum is full of other comments that agree that the original poster is 100% correct.

The standard on CN has slipped a lot in the last 12months.

Photos have been attributed to the wrong people, articles have been "mashed up" and unreadable, indicating they weren't checked by the web team when published, or have been published without being properly edited for spelling, grammar, and factual correctness.

Its great that you folks seem completely happy to continue supporting the site, but picking holes in the writing of a forum post does not diminish this at all.

This is exactly what I mean, I can't remember it used to be this bad a few years ago, seems like the standard of articles and checking of facts definantly has gone down.

And by the way, the truth, your post really annoyed me:p

TRENDING THREADS