• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Damien, where are you?

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Damien Ressiot, as an experienced doping investigator for l'equipe, knowing the right people within French AFLD and Chatenay Malabry, have you got some info on what Novitzky discussed with Bordry while in Lyon last month? Also, is your newspaper's position still one of Omerta towards global doping in sports in general, in cycling in particular? When will we see serious job done on armstromg investigation, contador investigation and new puerto investigation? Thanks for your insight. I'm sure you're somewhere around on this forum. Regards

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Adamastor said:
Damien Ressiot, as an experienced doping investigator for l'equipe, knowing the right people within French AFLD and Chatenay Malabry, have you got some info on what Novitzky discussed with Bordry while in Lyon last month? Also, is your newspaper's position still one of Omerta towards global doping in sports in general, in cycling in particular? When will we see serious job done on armstromg investigation, contador investigation and new puerto investigation? Thanks for your insight. I'm sure you're somewhere around on this forum. Regards

Don't worry. It is taking some time but multiple experienced European journalists have been digging into this story. Expect some good stuff out of France and Germany soon.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
@ adamastor

are you realistically expecting ressiot to tell the forum the confidential info (if hes in the know) ?

you do realise there are several good reasons to keep texas in suspense.

besides, why to tip off the free forum when a good story can make a paper millions.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your valid comments. I am more worried about the fact, that since september 2008, changes in ASO structure and l'Equipe management, no serious doping revelation has been made again. If it weren't for Germans nobody in Europe would actually notice that big stuff is going on in the States. L'Equipe used to be a reference in Europe for cycling, it has become a dull race reporting machine. Nothing actually revealed in the States is mentioned for more than 2 lines, no insider story, no journalistic opinion given on what's going on (i'm talking now Contador, puerto II, Armstrong, Mcquaid, Wada, etc). Sad, sad, sad.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Adamastor said:
Thanks for your valid comments. I am more worried about the fact, that since september 2008, changes in ASO structure and l'Equipe management, no serious doping revelation has been made again. If it weren't for Germans nobody in Europe would actually notice that big stuff is going on in the States. L'Equipe used to be a reference in Europe for cycling, it has become a dull race reporting machine. Nothing actually revealed in the States is mentioned for more than 2 lines, no insider story, no journalistic opinion given on what's going on (i'm talking now Contador, puerto II, Armstrong, Mcquaid, Wada, etc). Sad, sad, sad.

Any possible connections with the ASO/L'Equipe changes and McQuaid's influence?

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Adamastor said:

I remember reading at the time the new Amaury took over
that L'Equipe was instructed not to generate doping stories. They were allowed to cover stories that were already covered elsewhere, but they weren't to go after leaks from labs, scrounge through dumpsters or tail team staff looking for illicit activity.

ASO wants to promote the Tour de France, and keep the image of the race and the sport as clean as possible. They no longer wanted to have another part of the organization work against that aim.

Luckily, law enforcement is stepping up to take up the slack, going after international doping rings across sports. And non-cycling publications are stepping up to cover it.