• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Danish fairytales

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The authorities bought the explanation that it was likely due to a contaminated supplement.

How can this excuse be accepted? It is illegal in the EU to sell supplements containing DMAA. Although it is very easy to buy pre-workout stimulants that contain it on the internet. But then you are deliberately buying such a product, as it is clearly labelled exactly what it contains, because that is the biggest selling point.

How can this excuse be accepted? It is illegal in the EU to sell supplements containing DMAA. Although it is very easy to buy pre-workout stimulants that contain it on the internet. But then you are deliberately buying such a product, as it is clearly labelled exactly what it contains, because that is the biggest selling point.
I don't know, but I assume they might sometimes be less strict towards junior riders. Matteo Trentin got two months for using Salbutamol, but that was of course still a punishment unlike what Froome got a decade later.

I kind of miss the days where a Danish TdF/GT stage win was more of a rarity, and you never really knew if it would be years before the next one came along. Right now it might just be a matter of days or even hours.

This is obviously not purely doping related, although it probably plays a part if history has taught us anything.

I kind of miss the days where a Danish TdF/GT stage win was more of a rarity, and you never really knew if it would be years before the next one came along. Right now it might just be a matter of days or even hours.

This is obviously not purely doping related, although it probably plays a part if history has taught us anything.
An evolution, mildly put.

Do you just not understand the meaning of the word "contaminated?"

Do you just not understand the meaning of the word "contaminated?"
It’s not that simple.
You probably have never been in a facility that packages supplements. The scale of production makes it very unlikely some banned substance got into another run. It would have to be, like pounds of the stuff.
Here we go again with a sanctioned rider let back into the peloton. And, CAS/UCI rubber stamping some seemingly random rider while others who could easily argue contamination just vanish.

Reactions: Aimar16

TRENDING THREADS