• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

David Gaudu discussion thread

At the risk of incurring the wrath of one or two old lags on here, I think this lad deserves his own thread ... not just for his L'Avenir win or decent performance in Spain last week ... but for his willingness to have a crack at Valverde on the Mur. I declare an interest, having him in my CQ team, but nevertheless he is clearly a star in the making. With Tonton having a man crush on Tibopino and Alexandre a similar obsession with Bardet, I thought I'd step into the breach. Go. :D

Indeed, nice to post on the first page :D

He did a very impressive performance in Catalunya, and maybe even more in Fleche. You can notice he wasn't well placed at the bottom of Huy, and without his attack, maybe he had the level to top 5 :)

Quote from Bjorg Lambrecht (big Belgian climbing talent) on Gaudu:

"He's a special guy. He likes mental games. For example when the pace was high, he would come ride next to you with his mouth closed to show he's not suffering. He's friendly off the bike but doesn't have friends during the race (proper mentality right there). He can become very big."

Thought I might as well share. Looks like he's got a good 'head' too besides the physical talent.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Laplaz said:
Somebody knows his race programm for the rest of the year?
He'll race Romandie, then probably be rested.
yep then Tour de l'Ain GC is usually the big objective for a young french climber, with late July to september being the second part of his season after a longish break and training.

TRENDING THREADS