• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

De Brabantse Pijl - La Flèche Brabançonne 1.HC 11.4.2016

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: De Brabantse Pijl - La Flèche Brabançonne 1.HC 11.4.201

The Barb said:
Blanco said:
The Barb said:
I don't get the Benoot love. He has so little finishing speed that he basically has to win solo and (particularly given the forecast is not bad) he is unlikely to find himself in that situation (a la Strade Bianche). I don't understand on what planet he is rated a better chance than, say, Colbrelli.

Anyway, Jungels for me.

And Jungels will just out sprint the field including that same Colbrelli :confused:

No, of course Jungels wouldn't outsprint Colbrelli, but he could outsprint many small groups (he's actually pretty good in that regard). But Benoot could hardly outsprint anyone.

But I might be wrong.

Benoot really isn't that slow. And he might do something on the hill which has its top 300 metres from the line.

Re: Re:

Pantani_lives said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
red_flanders said:
I've never watched it, will be exciting to see it this year for the first time.
How?..................
Work or did you just have better things to do?
I have missed this race several times myself. In the past, when it was still on a Sunday, I was sometimes forced to spend one spring Sunday with the family, so I sacrificed this one rather than missing a monument.

Compromise is the key! Spend time with the family, but just hog the television. :D

You mean outdoors? Don't be silly...

The Barb said:
Blanco said:
The Barb said:
I don't get the Benoot love. He has so little finishing speed that he basically has to win solo and (particularly given the forecast is not bad) he is unlikely to find himself in that situation (a la Strade Bianche). I don't understand on what planet he is rated a better chance than, say, Colbrelli.

Anyway, Jungels for me.

And Jungels will just out sprint the field including that same Colbrelli :confused:

No, of course Jungels wouldn't outsprint Colbrelli, but he could outsprint many small groups (he's actually pretty good in that regard). But Benoot could hardly outsprint anyone.

But I might be wrong.

I don't think that Benoot is slower than Jungels. You maybe think he's slow because he mostly sprints against very fast guys, like GVA and Gilbert, but I wouldn't call him slow. At the same time, I don't know why you think Jungels is somehow so fast that he could out sprint many small groups? He did beat some lightweight climbers in that Giro stage last year, but here he's going to face guys some 10kg heavier and certainly more faster than Quintana and Pinot.

Australian Eurosport has had an absolute disaster describing what this race is about haha " from Belgium this 198km race is set for another epic installment with all eyes on Valverde who has won the last four years in a row, can Valverde make it a fifth in the German one day race "

Scarponi said:
Australian Eurosport has had an absolute disaster describing what this race is about haha " from Belgium this 198km race is set for another epic installment with all eyes on Valverde who has won the last four years in a row, can Valverde make it a fifth in the German one day race "

thats brazilian tv comment knowledge...

Scarponi said:

:lol:

Wonder what race(s) they got this mixed up with...

---

Nice bike handling skills from Dunbar earlier. :cool:

RedheadDane said:
Scarponi said:

:lol:

Wonder what race(s) they got this mixed up with...

---

Nice bike handling skills from Dunbar earlier. :cool:
haha I was fine with the flèche wallone mix up until the German one day race came in :p

TRENDING THREADS