• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

De Brabantse Pijl - La Flèche Brabançonne 1.HC 11.4.2016

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.gif

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

tobydawq said:
Congratz.

The UCI needs to do something about those idiot motos and their incessant pacing.
The guy with the Valverde avatar whining about race falsification. LOL. At least be consistent in your outrage.

Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
tobydawq said:
Congratz.

The UCI needs to do something about those idiot motos and their incessant pacing.
The guy with the Valverde avatar whining about race falsification. LOL. At least be consistent in your outrage.

Yeah, Valverde got big help from the motos throughout his career, like that year at the Giro, on the descent from Agnel, when late Scarponi and Nibali literally hung on to the motos :rolleyes:

Re:

El Pistolero said:
This was the 20th victory by Wellens by the way. Not bad for a 26 year old.

Especially for a non-sprinter.

Sestriere said:
I'm glad that Wellens is in great form. Was wondering if no races since Paris-Nice was the best approach for the Ardennes but it seems to have worked out perfectly. He probably wants to stay fresh for the Giro, hence the light schedule so far.

He was scheduled to race Catalunya, but fell ill after Paris-Nice.

Re: Re:

Blanco said:
El Pistolero said:
tobydawq said:
Congratz.

Yeah, Valverde got big help from the motos throughout his career, like that year at the Giro, on the descent from Agnel, when late Scarponi and Nibali literally hung on to the motos :rolleyes:
He got robbed! Robation!

Re: De Brabantse Pijl - La Flèche Brabançonne 1.HC 11.4.201

Gigs_98 said:
I have to say, the final descent in the brabantse pijl and the left turn around the church is one of the most beautiful descents of the cycling season
I've done it a few times on my bike, and I have to say it's really frightening. You can see that the road is not level from left to right, so the corners are actually a lot lower on the outside than on the inside. It's really easy to overcook the second U-turn! It does make for beautiful images though!

BalearicBeats said:
Gigs_98 said:
I have to say, the final descent in the brabantse pijl and the left turn around the church is one of the most beautiful descents of the cycling season
I've done it a few times on my bike, and I have to say it's really frightening. You can see that the road is not level from left to right, so the corners are actually a lot lower on the outside than on the inside. It's really easy to overcook the second U-turn! It does make for beautiful images though!
I love that helicopter shot we get each time (and each years) the riders pass that big S around the church. Wellens seemed to be on the limit there.

jflemaire said:
BalearicBeats said:
Gigs_98 said:
I love that helicopter shot we get each time (and each years) the riders pass that big S around the church. Wellens seemed to be on the limit there.

Even Sagan fell there in 2012 I think in his first attempt in Brabantse pilj. That day, light rain made the tarmac even more slippery.

Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Sonny C looks like he's in great shape for Amstel. Attacking in the finale and yet also the strongest in the uphill sprint. A bit like last year, where he did all pulling in the break and won
I think he's a little less strong than last year, probably due to the illness.
Will be interesting to see Bahrein tactics for AGR.

Wellens is a monster :)

TRENDING THREADS