• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Demand Media

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Demand Media, the Company that pimps the livestrong.com for profit site filed for it's IPO. It looks like Armstrong made a nice chunk of change for selling off the brand name Livestrong, 1,250,000 shares. Depending on the IPO price and performance this should be well over $10,000,000

One of the better points of the S1 is this

certain of our owned and operated websites, such as LIVESTRONG.com, are associated with highprofile experts to enhance the websites' brand recognition and credibility. In addition, any adverse news reports, negative publicity or other alienation of all or a segment of our consumer base relating to these high-profile experts would reflect poorly on our brands and could have an adverse effect on our business.

Armstrong is increasingly becoming a liability, not an asset.

Race Radio said:
Demand Media, the Company that pimps the livestrong.com for profit site filed for it's IPO. It looks like Armstrong made a nice chunk of change for selling off the brand name Livestrong, 1,250,000 shares. Depending on the IPO price and performance this should be well over $10,000,000

One of the better points of the S1 is this

Armstrong is increasingly becoming a liability, not an asset.

So what you're saying is, better to float and sell out now while the going's good. I agree, because this could be the next Webvan.com (went public at $24, was down to 17c inside a year). Even if LA rides this out (and I hope he doesn't), he can't be worth much long-term as a has-been.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
So what you're saying is, better to float and sell out now while the going's good. I agree, because this could be the next Webvan.com (went public at $24, was down to 17c inside a year). Even if LA rides this out (and I hope he doesn't), he can't be worth much long-term as a has-been.

Livestrong is only one part of Demand Media's empire so even if he goes down hard it will not kill them, just hurt them.

It is also interesting to see all the cross-pollination between the FRS board, Armstrong and Demand.

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
Livestrong is only one part of Demand Media's empire so even if he goes down hard it will not kill them, just hurt them.

It is also interesting to see all the cross-pollination between the FRS board, Armstrong and Demand.

I read an article somwhere in the last week or so (don't remember where, no link) that discussed how FRS were going full-tilt with LA as their King maker.

I guess timing is everything. What does Demand Media know about possible future events concerning Mr. Armstrong? Maybe something... maybe nothing.

I hope those buying the IPO are well informed.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
...this could be the next Webvan.com (went public at $24, was down to 17c inside a year).

Dammit, Webvan. I bought into that as soon as it went public :(

To me, shopping for groceries online made as much sense as shopping for books online. More so, actually.

Oh well, a fool and his money are soon parted. Thanks E*Trade.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Demand goes public next week. Based on the expected price Wonderboy stands to make $10,000,000+ on the stock, in addition to the $3,000,000 in cash over the last few years.

Anyone who does not think that Armstrong has leveraged the foundation for personal financial gain has not been paying attention.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:

Can we still expect to see this ad go forward?
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20100119007607/en/Lance-Armstrong%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9CSecret-Weapon%E2%80%9D-Revealed-FRS-Healthy
Lance Armstrong’s “Secret Weapon” Revealed in New FRS Healthy Energy Advertising Campaign

Related:
http://www.frs.com/pdf/FRS-Team-LIVESTRONG-Release-5-12-10.pdf

TRENDING THREADS