• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Deutschland Tour 2019 (2.HC)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Of course. It is always like that because they have to film the bunch with zoom from the front. After the gap between the Bunch and Remco got close it was the same with him.
The problem will always be there at races with tv coverage. The distance wasn't unusually short between the bunch and the motos.

Of course. It is always like that because they have to film the bunch with zoom from the front. After the gap between the Bunch and Remco got close it was the same with him.
The problem will always be there at races with tv coverage. The distance wasn't unusually short between the bunch and the motos.
It was actually. There were helishots where this was pretty clear. And if you are uncertain of how close a motor is due to the zoom deceiving perception, you just have to wait for a sharp corner or turn for it to become very clear. When the peloton turns in the same second as the motor, you know they are too close.

I think a good indicator is if teammates of the leading rider(s) complain in the peloton or not. Today i saw nothing from Don Patricks boys.
Then you didn't pay attention. I saw 2 gestures between 10-20k from the finish.

That was definitely a better stage than I expected. Harder than it looked on the profile, really fast ridden and evenepoel doing his thing and making it hard the whole day. Looking forward to see what Hirschi can achieve here, he looks pretty good again.

Seems like motorpacing to me.

NOnROVk.png

Lol at Evenepoel. If he really does progress so much that he becomes boringly dominant I will end up hating him, but at the moment the kid is pure entertainment.

Also lol at one of the biggest stars in world cycling, a Tour winner, chasing for long kms on the front for a sprinter who has one win in more than four years. It was only appropriate that Swift repay the efforts of the most expensively assembled team in the history of cycling by finishing fourth. I will never cease to be amazed at Swift’s career. He is the luckiest rider in the sport or he has the best agent in the sport or he has some serious dirt on everyone powerful in the sport. By all accounts he’s a very nice guy, so good luck to him. I hope he wins Milan San Remo before he retires.

Last edited:
Also lol at one of the biggest stars in world cycling, a Tour winner, chasing for long kms on the front for a sprinter who has one win in more than four years. It was only appropriate that Swift repay the efforts of the most expensively assembled team in the history of cycling by finishing fourth. I will never cease to be amazed at Swift’s career. He is the luckiest rider in the sport or he has the best agent in the sport or he has some serious dirt on everyone powerful in the sport. By all accounts he’s a very nice guy, so good luck to him.

I just thought Thomas was getting in some training for the World's TT. Chasing the guy he just might be skurred of.

And some light motorpacing. :D

Lol at Evenepoel. If he really does progress so much that he becomes boringly dominant I will end up hating him, but at the moment the kid is pure entertainment.

Also lol at one of the biggest stars in world cycling, a Tour winner, chasing for long kms on the front for a sprinter who has one win in more than four years. It was only appropriate that Swift repay the efforts of the most expensively assembled team in the history of cycling by finishing fourth. I will never cease to be amazed at Swift’s career. He is the luckiest rider in the sport or he has the best agent in the sport or he has some serious dirt on everyone powerful in the sport. By all accounts he’s a very nice guy, so good luck to him. I hope he wins Milan San Remo before he retires.
yeah, this is getting ridiculous. Remco is so strong and he is just 19. How can a kid put so much troubles in a world star peloton during a solo of 100 km? I really can see in the future, this kid attacking at 60 km to go and is game over

During the last years, is there actually anybody who could've done what Evenepoel did yesterday? And I mean anybody, not just teenagers. Including all world class riders that have been around for the last 10 or 15 years.
Maybe Tony Martin in 2013 it 2014, he was an absolute beast in his prime back then?

During the last years, is there actually anybody who could've done what Evenepoel did yesterday? And I mean anybody, not just teenagers. Including all world class riders that have been around for the last 10 or 15 years.
Maybe Tony Martin in 2013 it 2014, he was an absolute beast in his prime back then?
Probably Cancellara in the motordoping accusation age. Though Fab Fabian never attacked from that far out.
Because motos were, most of the time, pacing either the break or the pack
Didn't see Evenepoel getting paced much, tbh. There was one bike in front of him at times (i'm guessing from a photographer), and he was always a lot further off than the two bikes in front of the peloton. The majority of the time, the camerabike was riding behind him.

Last edited:
Landis :)

Perhaps the motos were a bit too close but the Motos always go slower in a roundabout then the bunch. So it's pretty normal the the bunch gets closer directly after the roundabout. Most of the time the bunch got the advantage which is sadly normal in races with tv coverage.

Reactions: F_Cance
Cancellara, maybe De Gendt on his good day.

And Emanuele Sella if you put a couple HC climbs on the way.

Uhhh... yes... Fausto "un uomo solo e al comando" Coppi winning "il Giro" by 15 minutes is very boring. Is much better a Tour de France with 21 stages around the tour Eiffel. No bonus time. "Tout pour décider" at last stage with all riders on the same time. Very emotive, epic cycling.

We don't need Evenepoel, we need more riders like Buchmann or Meintjes...

• Haha
Reactions: Noddy97
Uhhh... yes... Fausto "un uomo solo e al comando" Coppi winning "il Giro" by 15 minutes is very boring. Is much better a Tour de France with 21 stages around the tour Eiffel. No bonus time. "Tout pour décider" at last stage with all riders on the same time. Very emotive, epic cycling.

Yes predictable dominance is boring because predictability is boring. Those few greats of the sport who were so good as to be predictably dominant were boring. Anyone who actually wants to know in advance who is going to win most races has something wrong with them.

Sounds legendary. I’ll feel lucky to witness it.

I agree.

I remember first listening on Belgian radio to Luc Varene commentate the 1975 Tour de Flandres. Merckx attacked with over 100kms to go. Maertens, DeVlaeminck, etc. actually laughed thinking he was crazy. Verbeeck hung desperately to his wheel until 5 kms to go. The others never saw Merckx again.

sure, many will complain if evenepoel dominates, as they did with merckx -- who was literally hated by many. however, I won't. because watching that kind of audacity and perfection is thrilling to me.

Yes, we need more riders like Buchmann. He's currently one of the most entertaining and attacking GC riders but whatever :rolleyes:
(I guess you only refer to him as a Meintjes-like type of rider because of his last Tour. Which is unfair regarding the Tour itself. And which is even more unfair if you consider all his other performances in the year. You couldn't be more wrong here)

TRENDING THREADS