• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Deutschland Tour 2019 (2.HC)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage
Clipboard.jpg

GC
Clipboard.jpg

Well, the opposite isnt something extraordinary either. The gc riders do it day after day over three weeks, I think we can expect professional cyclists to be able to handle to or three tough stages in a row

GC riders, yes... something neither of those two are, at least in this particular race. Would it have been super disappointing if two domestiques - the day after one spent a significant amount of time in the break, and the other won the stage - decided (or were told) to take it easy?

GC riders, yes... something neither of those two are, at least in this particular race. Would it have been super disappointing if two domestiques - the day after one spent a significant amount of time in the break, and the other won the stage - decided (or were told) to take it easy?

Why are you acting as though they are just common pack fodder?

Asgreen won the stage yesterday yes, but I don't think he expended much more energy than the other riders who contested the finale.

Why are you acting as though they are just common pack fodder?

Asgreen won the stage yesterday yes, but I don't think he expended much more energy than the other riders who contested the finale.
Probably not but I still dont understand your point

Edit: or rather, I just disagree

Well… I'd rather be impressed when riders do something unexpected, than disappointed/not caring when they do exactly what could be expected.
And Asgreen's been at it since Vlaanderen! He's got to figure out the meaning of the word tired eventually… but apparently his "tired" is only finishing second at the Euro ITT, beaten only by the phenomenon Remco Evenepoel…

German (cycling) media was really creaming about the race. According to them especially the course was, contrary to what I believe, smth like the best ever created, not too easy not too difficult, completely unpredictable.

I don't agree with that take at all, I feel it was pretty predictable, 3 sprints in 4 days, one mini breakaway finish, the same type of rider won every day, well except for that breakaway.

But what did I expect, german media being critical just isn't a thing lol. Can't imagine those guys believe into what they are saying

Seems like he intended or thought he was editing the original message, but was quoting himself instead. Would anybody really start quoting him/herself in order to blow up his/her post count? To what end? And there would be many better ways to do it as well.

To get more points!

But yeah, I have made that mistake a couple of times as well on the new forum but quickly discovered my mistake and deleted the new message, then correctly edited the old one.

Sorry for that double post, I tried to correct my initial post yes. Anyways why would I try to improve my point score, what is it good for? Certainly I won't ever make it far to the top as I just joined the forum and many of you guys are way ahead. And if I managed to get a top score what benifit would I have?

Sorry for that double post, I tried to correct my initial post yes. Anyways why would I try to improve my point score, what is it good for? Certainly I won't ever make it far to the top as I just joined the forum and many of you guys are way ahead. And if I managed to get a top score what benifit would I have?
The more posts you have the better person you are and the higher chance you'll go to heaven.

TRENDING THREADS