• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dhani tackles the globe-Travel Channel

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
If you haven't watched the show it's about a NFL Linebacker Dhani Jones who goes to foreign countries and competes in their sport to better understand the culture of the country. For his first episode of the season he went to Italy to compete in grand fondo del Monte Grappa. see profile below.

perc1.gif

I don't want to spoil the episode but it shows how even professional athletes who are well conditioned can struggle in our sport.

Edit: did the climb once back in 1996 it was brutal, long and steep although it does give you time to recover in one section

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Didn't he also do a TT against Landis? Or was that another show? Was that Shaq maybe... I am confused now, Shaq on a bike :eek:

I 'd certainly want to see him do the gran fondo. Can anyone tell me what channel it is/was on?

cheers guys.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Didn't he also do a TT against Landis? Or was that another show? Was that Shaq maybe... I am confused now, Shaq on a bike :eek:

I 'd certainly want to see him do the gran fondo. Can anyone tell me what channel it is/was on?

cheers guys.

I think the Landis TT was a basketball player from the Utah Jazz...let me check that one! Yup, Deron Williams. Then they had a basketball competition...
As for a former NFL linebacker riding a Gran Fondo with a climb like that in it...sounds very interesting. I think we may actually get those episodes, albeit later than the US.

TRENDING THREADS