• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Did Basso ever race for Discovery Channel?

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
As Clentador took his first victory after his suspension yesterday it made me think of the Valv.(Piti)-story when this guy got tons of victories until he finally got his sanction by CAS. I guess, AC has the same road in front of him: Winning races, maybe even the Giro and shortly before the Tour - bang, CAS, 2 years out.

Another guy who was not that lucky is Basso. If I remember correctly he was left out of the Tour 2006 when riding for CSC due to Operation Puerto. He wasn't allowed to race after that but joined Discovery Channel in winter 2006/2007. I remember pics of him training, wearing a Disco-kit. But did he ever race for the team before he got suspended in 2007?