• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

did he really make it all up?

did he really make up the whole thing?

• Nah, he's a good guy old Floyd...he wouldn't lie. We knew it all along

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Since the thread about the letter is uuuuuber-long, i thought i'd make a poll to guage reactions.

I'm enough of a cynic these days to take FL's letter as just a public announcement of the "truth". Could it really be very long, very intricate lie?

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
There's already a thread about the letter, but to answer you question, yes he could have, but he could also not have, time will tell, unless it doesn't. Not very informative of cause but it's the best you'll get at this point.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't think he's lying... or at least not much.

It's possible he may have exagerated some things, but on the whole I believe it's accurate.

But it doesn't sound like he has much in the way of proof, and I expect very little to come from it.

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I really respect him for coming out and telling the truth, even though he did lie for a long time about it. It is good to get that off your chest and not just live a lie.

I truely believe he is trying to do some good with this and not get other people busted.

Too bad he is probably going to get sued by lance and johan for defamation of character or something like that.

Good job Floyd, now go win some bike races clean please.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I think it is largely true. I think the exception is his claim that while he had taken testosterone on other occasions, he didn't take it on that famous day in the TdF. That's his way of avoiding admitting to lying on the specific claim on which he asked so many people to believe him.

titleshot said:
Too bad he is probably going to get sued by lance and johan for defamation of character or something like that.

I bet he won't be sued. I am confident that LA and Bruyneel do not want to have to submit to depositions and answer a lot of questions under penalties of perjury that could be contradicted.

Lance was asked by the Press today about the possibility of legal action and he immediately shied away from it, saying he didnt need to do so as he had in the past and was always successful, therefore insinuating his credibility was good enough to avoid such confrontations.

Strange!!!Biggest accusations yet and he aint gonna take legal action, wonder why?

A

Anonymous

pmcg76 said:
Lance was asked by the Press today about the possibility of legal action and he immediately shied away from it, saying he didnt need to do so as he had in the past and was always successful, therefore insinuating his credibility was good enough to avoid such confrontations.

Strange!!!Biggest accusations yet and he aint gonna take legal action, wonder why?

Because in a civil case, "preponderance of the evidence" is the burden of proof, not "beyond reasonable doubt." The Uniballer knows that he can't take this to court. Its why he shut down his sue happy nature several years ago. Kristin is not covered by spousal privilege anymore, and can be compelled to testify. Landis wants to be sued by Armstrong at this point. He appears to have said so in his email to Armstrong. The reason being that in a civil action, Armstrong has to balance the scales his way, and I don't think could. He will wage a media campaign against Floyd and nothing else. The question is whether there is grounds for an indictment on criminal charges in either the US, France, or Spain as Landis' allegations involve conduct within those countries.

I think the French will push harder than the other two. Mr Armstrong may never see Paris again...

Thoughtforfood said:
Because in a civil case, "preponderance of the evidence" is the burden of proof, not "beyond reasonable doubt." The Uniballer knows that he can't take this to court. Its why he shut down his sue happy nature several years ago. Kristin is not covered by spousal privilege anymore, and can be compelled to testify. Landis wants to be sued by Armstrong at this point. He appears to have said so in his email to Armstrong. The reason being that in a civil action, Armstrong has to balance the scales his way, and I don't think could. He will wage a media campaign against Floyd and nothing else. The question is whether there is grounds for an indictment on criminal charges in either the US, France, or Spain as Landis' allegations involve conduct within those countries.

I think the French will push harder than the other two. Mr Armstrong may never see Paris again...

Oh, I know why he wont sue, just hope you are right about never seeing him in Paris again.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:

I think he must fear it.

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Lance and Paris...

Time will tell.

If, in fact, Lance was threatening the ToC organizers trying to blackmail the team into the ToC (which is partly owned by ASO), they knew this was coming. If they knew it was coming, there will be no action on the part of ASO towards Lance because they still hate Floyd for making a mockery of their race.

On the other hand, if FLandis didn't send the emails to the ToC organizers and Lance was a liar about them getting emails too, then I would expect some action.

In the end, other than in the Forum, the only person that is jumping on the Landis bandwagon is Bordry from AFLD. Why does he now believe that the guy who he has said hacked his computers and tried to discredit him for so long is now an honorable guy?

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
titleshot said:

Not a snowballs chance in hell he's getting sued by LA. There would be an endless stream of actual witnesses climbing into the witness box of a proper trial telling a similar story to Floyd. These guys named will want the story to go away quick. I hope it doesn't.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

not see Paris?...why? and based on what?...Landis is going to need a lot more than "keeping the refrigerator on so the bags don't go bad"...Armstrong did'nt even ride the Tour of Switzerland in 2002...he's got ZERO credibility and after taking money under what must surely be seen now has false pretenses, he's likely to find not too many people left in his corner...he's accused person's spanning a huge breath of cycling expertise with reputations light-years better than his own...

...the consensus on this forum that Landis represents some kind of anti-doping hero is as ridiculous as Riis confession after the fact to winning the tour 96 or Millar's insistence on innocence until the moment they threw the bags in his face...

...if Lance has doped then this is the worst way to go about bringing that fact to light...first you have to be credible and Landis has done everything in his power since that day in 2006 to dishonor himself, his fans and his family...he does a disservice to cycling now when before he could've come clean as Lemond [whom he threatened] asked him and done real good...jeez this guy has been proclaiming innocence for four years, betrayed the trust of people who supported him monetarily as well as emotionally and now this...don't ask me to downshift that fast...i don't buy it...his accusations have a conspiratorial bent and an underlying tone of vindictiveness...

...Lance does'nt need to do anything but let this run it's course...if LA Confidential could'nt take him down then this will be little more than a cute distraction in July...he's accusing WADA and UCI of some serious subterfuge, not to mention outright illegal involvement with a pro cycling team...he's going to need a lot more than just his word, which means little these days...when is the right time to believe a liar?...

...in the end, Landis destroyed himself through his own actions, and casting suspicion, whether real or imagined on person's with good credibility he sounds like a crack-pot on a street corner begging for change...his story has changed too many times...

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
i drank colt 45 so i did nto read much of this thread.... but i am suspicious of landis......... especially after his huge protestations:)S) of innocence..... i suspect he is being a git trying to make money.... but I believe his accusations are grounded in reality therefore i voted no he did nto make it up but i think the real truth is probably inbetween...... landis is a bit dodgy for me now... I dont really believe lance and johann paid the uci to avoid positives test though.... although maybe... maybe everyone did this but i doubt people would get away with this.... I dont think anything interesting will happen after this ....

TRENDING THREADS