• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Did Mercatone Uno use Shimano components when they were riding Bianchi frames?

I recently watched the documentary Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist, and in one of the dramatized sequences there's a close-up on the rear wheel axle when the Pantani body double is riding a Bianchi frame, and it clearly says "Shimano" across it. I don't know why that surprised me, but it did.

I recently watched the documentary Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist, and in one of the dramatized sequences there's a close-up on the rear wheel axle when the Pantani body double is riding a Bianchi frame, and it clearly says "Shimano" across it. I don't know why that surprised me, but it did.

surely they got some different frames for the documentary

no, they used Campagnolo and Bianchi in 98-99-00-01

Wilier with Shimano 2002
Carrera with Shimano 2003

Reactions: christopherrowe