• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Did you opinion of Lance improve after Oprah, worse, or stay the same?

Did you opinion of Lance improve after Oprah, worse, or stay the same?

• Same

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BowlingBall

BANNED
Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you opinion of Lance improve after Oprah, worsen, or stay the same?

Mine has improved, because while I still think he is a jerk, he's now making an effort to come to terms with all the things he has done wrong.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
BowlingBall said:
Mine has improved, because while I still think he is a jerk, he's now making an effort to come to terms with all the things he has done wrong.

Stayed the same for the most part. But I was kind of in awe at what a brilliant manipulator he is.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Descender said:
Worse.

The few doubts I had about him being a pathological sociopath are now gone to never come back.

Same here. For me the interviews and reports on CNN after the shows were telling; journalists being stunned by watching Armstrong talking about emotions but not showing any real sign he felt them. Like he was talking about another planet he actually knows very little about.

For me the most telling moment was when Oprah asked him how he feels. He didn't answer that question, maybe because he actually does not 'feel' anything. She later helped him out with some phrases like 'humble' or 'ashamed' so he could answer. That was too weird.

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Why?

BowlingBall said:

How do you know he's making that effort? The only reason he "confessed" to Oprah is that he wants to return to competition. He said so himself.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BowlingBall said:

Is this a LieStrong poll.

He is not making an effort.

An effort would've been to talk to USADA, WADA, Walsh or Kimmage.

He is a snake trying to slither his @ss out of the sh!t he built for himself with his doping, cheating, fraud and bullying.

His is trying to stop the trian coming down the tracks before it gets to the LieStrong fraud.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
worse for various reasons(like that was even possible I thought), the worts thing was what he said about betsy andreu, even oprah (who has not a shred of dignity in her fat body) was appaled by that. clear proove of a sociopath

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The only part i believed was when he spoke about the effects on his children,, that could be me being a softy and a Dad , his body language completely changed.

Rest was what i expected 'scripted'

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Izabera said:
The only part i believed was when he spoke about the effects on his children,, that could be me being a softy and a Dad , his body language completely changed.

Rest was what i expected 'scripted'

Did his body language get like when he ignored his daughter at the Tri?

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Izabera said:

I thought that too at first, but then I noticed that he had the same body language when he was speaking about the 75 million he lost.

BowlingBall said:

These are are honest questions:
Do you like it when people lie and possibly intimidate you with legal threats?
Is it the case you want to replicate some facet of Wonderboy's story/life at any cost.

The guy hasn't changed.

Mine improved at the moment he owned up to the description Sociopath and offered up Narcissistic. He is obviously a man we cannot relate to as he views the world entirely differently then most; a man with deep psychological issues.

It doesn't change anything he has done, but there is hope he can become a worthwhile human being if he takes the Driven portion of his personality and channels it towards recognizing and healing his problems. It appears as if he has started down that road. In that regard I wish him well.

On the cycling side all I want to see him do is give up Hein/Pat. If he doesn't well I'd rather just never see or hear of him again.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
peterh said:
Same here. For me the interviews and reports on CNN after the shows were telling; journalists being stunned by watching Armstrong talking about emotions but not showing any real sign he felt them. Like he was talking about another planet he actually knows very little about.

For me the most telling moment was when Oprah asked him how he feels. He didn't answer that question, maybe because he actually does not 'feel' anything. She later helped him out with some phrases like 'humble' or 'ashamed' so he could answer. That was too weird.

I've seen an uncanny amount of psychology professors scrutinising him on hire by the media.

It's like he's the textbook example of a sociopath.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I was and am still indifferent to the guy. Will see the complete re - runs this weekend. The man is a nut job, he was and still is, take the Betsie Andreu 'joke' for instance. Must be Lone Star Humour?

He comes - to me over - like a mister Jekyll and Hide, some twenty years of therapy would be handy...

TRENDING THREADS