• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Did you opinion of Lance improve after Oprah, worse, or stay the same?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Did you opinion of Lance improve after Oprah, worse, or stay the same?

• Same

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Contador_Himself said:
And what do you suggest Killer?/? He grab a gun and shoot himself in the head somewhere in a Tijuana hotel?

Is that what YOU would do Mr. Little Goody Two Shoes? Is that what you'd let your son do? Your daughter?

All Lance did, to those who got in his way, was ignore them (and in some cases go a little further). And if you're a cycling journalist and the best cyclist in the world makes it a point for his teammates (and him) not to give you any attention at all... wouldn't you say that you brought that on yourself? Would YOU let a journalist who has built his career on destroying you, your teammates and your/their career(s) interview you? It's not a right vs. wrong question, let your reptilian subconscious respond.[/QUOTE

Haha, what an idiot!!

jackwolf said:
Same.

"Do you regret Comeback 2.0?"
"Yes, of course, otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here."

Or something along those lines.
Which is what we all knew. Hasn't changed for good or bad: he's the same lying, selfish, manipulative ******* he's always been.

That there is the most telling quote from the entire 2 & 1/2 hours of the interview. He feels he would have continued to prosper if not for his return to the sport. He would've continued lying and suing those that disputed his version of reality and with no remorse. Now that he's lost it all he wants to come off as repentant?:rolleyes:

Contador_Himself said:
And what do you suggest Killer?/? He grab a gun and shoot himself in the head somewhere in a Tijuana hotel?

Is that what YOU would do Mr. Little Goody Two Shoes? Is that what you'd let your son do? Your daughter?

All Lance did, to those who got in his way, was ignore them (and in some cases go a little further). And if you're a cycling journalist and the best cyclist in the world makes it a point for his teammates (and him) not to give you any attention at all... wouldn't you say that you brought that on yourself? Would YOU let a journalist who has built his career on destroying you, your teammates and your/their career(s) interview you? It's not a right vs. wrong question, let your reptilian subconscious respond.

Have you been living in some alternate universe? Armstrong sued so many people to cover up his deception that he actually lost track of who they were (this is according to him)!

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
For me the interview presented a great study of a Sociopath caught in the headlights.
Lance,s manner was pretty much as its always been... belligerent. To the Sociopath life is a process..hence the use of that word so often in describing events . A process described as statement of fact. Lacking the emotion most people experience and give away in there body language when describing both difficult and joyous moments.

If we understand the condition of the true Sociopath to be a developmental flaw then we dont have to look hard in his formative years to see were that may have happened.
Sadly there is no cure for the the genuine Sociopath and the fact of the matter is what Lance has done could not have happened without the involvement of other Sociopaths and the gullibility of people to ignore what is now admitted but now , for many, in retrospect, so obvious.
Lance hasn't changed his body language but the peoples perception of him has ergo proving that a desire to believe in something often runs the danger of ignoring what we deeper down really " know".
Is he I,ll?..not in the genuine sense no.
The lessons to be learnt from the Armstrong case are less about him than they are about ourselves in many cases.
So am I angry with him?..No. He`s a Sociopath. " we" gave him the power,s he had, " we" fell for the hype. And by " we " I mean there are people far more responsible than others..the Myth makers, the Marketers , being the worst. Cus they always knew it was a lie.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
So am angry with him?..No. He`s a Sociopath. " we" gave him the power,s he had, " we" fell for the hype. And by " we " I mean there are people far more responsible than others..the Myth makers, the Marketers , being the worst. Cus they always knew it was a lie.
Very good summary, merci.

Armstrong is in my belief still the 15 year who just wants to compete, it is quite sad, 'absolutely'.

An adrenaline addict.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
That there is the most telling quote from the entire 2 & 1/2 hours of the interview. He feels he would have continued to prosper if not for his return to the sport. He would've continued lying and suing those that disputed his version of reality and with no remorse. Now that he's lost it all he wants to come off as repentant?:rolleyes:

Sorry, I think we all knew what he is. It would take a near miracle to be so repentant after spending years bullying people and all that. He let most of it out but to be honest I expected all that. He had not choice but to act repentant, what I appreciated was the level of honesty in the above question and his answer. Without that the interview would have been a total joke and it would have been obvious he was making stuff up to appear repentant.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
He would have had to have worked hard to have me come away with a worse impression of him. However, he managed it.
Lol. The thing about this place is that there are a select number of people who are outright hated. Whatever they do they will always come across in your eyes unfavorably and you will always denounce them. Lance has no hope in hell of achieving redemption in your eyes. I personally disliked how he came across in some parts of the interview but I would never totally discount his chances of achieving redemption . You would. So the above is as much a lie as all of Lance's.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Im confused. You are saying the entire clinic has singled out certain riders to hate indiscriminately or just the poster you are responding to?:confused:

Meh.. not the entire clinic but most of its inner core.;)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Contador_Himself said:
You see people? This is what I'm talking about: Lance "destroyed", Lance "killed", et cetera. You ought to be a little more careful when stating your point. Use the correct words to describe what you know, or heard, of the man. What would you do if you heard a man you just told to go F himself that you killed or assassinated his street mojo.

And maybe you should tell your hero to be a little more careful in his choice of words as well after sitting listening to him keep proclaiming he's been given a death sentence.
No he hasn't, he's been rightfully banned from taking part in sanctioned competition. There will undoubtedly be a few on death row that can spot the difference.

Angliru said:

That was the most telling moment for me too.
His primary regret was getting caught.

If it wasn't for those pesky kids.....

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
So that inner core was born with a natural predisposition to hate Lance Armstrong regardless of what he became? The fact that he actually did turn out to be an evil human being who ruined peoples lives, is pure coincidence?

Certainly not. Of course they have justification for hating him (just not to that extent) Anyways I think it is probably better this is not discussed here so if you want you can PM me if that does not satisfy you.

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Lol. The thing about this place is that there are a select number of people who are outright hated. Whatever they do they will always come across in your eyes unfavorably and you will always denounce them. Lance has no hope in hell of achieving redemption in your eyes. I personally disliked how he came across in some parts of the interview but I would never totally discount his chances of achieving redemption . You would. So the above is as much a lie as all of Lance's.
I do tend to agree

However you can hate someone more

I never believed he was clean HOWEVER I started my hate after realising what LieStrong 'charity' really was

This thread got way off the rails. Posts have been deleted and those who have been insulting others, flaming, and posting offensive, off-topic content have been warned. Next steps are thread closure, and for those repeat and/or particularly heavy offenders a ban of significant time.

I'm spending WAY too much time policing the clinic right now and will not continue to warn people or give leeway. Thank you.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Most here are very informed about Lance Armstrong and prior to the Oprah dog and pony show, at best a handful had anything but a highly negative opinion regarding him.

That 15% say their opinion of his has gotten better, tells me he succeed in his main goal: generate enough sympathy to make criminal prosecutors think twice about bringing formal charges against him.

Only one of 12 can prevent conviction. Birotte was wise the first time around and I doubt now he was take a chance.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Turner29 said:
Most here are very informed about Lance Armstrong and prior to the Oprah dog and pony show, at best a handful had anything but a highly negative opinion regarding him.

That 15% say their opinion of his has gotten better, tells me he succeed in his main goal: generate enough sympathy to make criminal prosecutors think twice about bringing formal charges against him.

Only one of 12 can prevent conviction. Birotte was wise the first time around and I doubt now he was take a chance.

not 15%, 9.93%.

Let us hope all the members of the jury can read.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
He would've continued lying and suing those that disputed his version of reality and with no remorse. Now that he's lost it all he wants to come off as repentant?:rolleyes:

+1. Yeah, I was happy to see him taking responsibility for the things he did and apologizing. But you have to balance that with the fact that that he is only doing it because he had no option.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
sars1981 said:
+1. Yeah, I was happy to see him taking responsibility for the things he did and apologizing. But you have to balance that with the fact that that he is only doing it because he had no option.

He is a Psychopath and employed documented tactics of such:

1) The Pity Play - "my early days where tough and it made me hard."

2) Blame Shifting - "the East Germans." Read that as Jan Ullrich.

3) Continued Lying - regarding the donation to USADA. Who are you going to believe, him or Tygart?

4) Fake Emotions - alligator tears for his children.

Oprah asking him about David Walsh unmasked him. Viscerally, Armstrong wanted to express his continued hate for Walsh, but he composed himself enough to feign a very unconvincing apology.

It is all an act by a master manipulator.

Angliru said:

Yes. Just like Landis, Hamilton et al.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Contador_Himself said:
Improved.

It's nice to know that Lance recognizes that his extreme cockiness held his hand to the conundrum he is in now. The man understands 1) that he has a problem 2) that he has to go through a healing process and 3) he knows he has lots of people to apologize to.

Having said all of the above. 99.99% of us would fail to apply to ourselves the very same standards we expect and want from Armstrong.

I despise, ABSOLUTELY ABHOR, the character assassination campaign he is being forced into. HATE IT. To think this man hasn't hurt anybody and see people who have killed hundreds of thousands of people walking around without the slightest ump of guilt of remorse just makes my blood boil.
Are you serious? You must be living in a parallel universe, mate.

He isn't being forced into anything. He is in a situation entirely of his own making. The only character assassinations in this whole sorry affair have been of others at his hands. The Andreus, Walsh, O'Reilly, Anderson, Kimmage, Lemond are the ones we know.

As for the standards I hold him to, I may not be perfect but I can honestly say I have never behaved like that to anyone in my life, ever.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Having watched both parts now, I have to say I am staggered at the gall og Armstrong.

he isn't sorry for what he did, he's sorry he got caught. It's not about making things right for the people wronged, it's about making it right for him.

He can't bring himself to say that he hurt the Andreus, rather he's sorry they got hurt. Big, big difference, IMO.

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Worsen.

- Not telling the whole truth, still scheming, admitting only what cannot be denied any longer.

- Still lying (the USADA donation thing).

- Using children as shield.

- Crying over revenue loss (poor baby … tell that the homeless!).

- Too many omissions.

- "I called you crazy, I called you *****, but I never, never called you fat." (in the version of Jimmy Fallon: http://youtu.be/3AqcfzfCVUg )

TRENDING THREADS