• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

DinnerGate rocks cycling

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
What a joke of an out-of competition testing.

They go to his house outside the normal hours of the out of competition testing. Then they call him and drive an hour to the restaurant and test him in a hallway. The testers gave him at least an hour to do what ever was needed to mask the drugs if he needed to.....very weak. Not to mention the indecent exposure.........

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
are we so banal to name everything with controversial subject matter using the suffix -gate.

Even if there were restaurant doors or gates. I would far prefer to drop the phrase "golden shower" into the post.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Thats funny. Floyd might approve that one!

I like when Oscar says - "Why are they wasting money on testing me when I haven’t competed for months?

Does he mean - "Why are they wasting money on testing me when I do not even dope this time of year?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
This from the ex-Tour winner who when asked if he'd provide DNA to prove he wasn't a Fuentes customer said he'd quit the sport than suffer the indignity. Funny. Dinner must be more important priority in Spain.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Thought that was Alberto. First he said he hadn't been asked and then changed his tune to he would but they had to ask. Some folk confused the first comment with Alberto saying he wouldn't help the Guardia Civil. Lucky for the Spanish boys they feds never did come knocking for that dna swab.

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
No wonder they rarely catch anyone. And no wonder the cyclists protest.

Exactly. THIS is where Omerta comes from. Cyclists see this kind of behavior and it adds to their alienation from the governing institutions. It degrades the legitimacy of the authorities in the eyes of cyclists. Does it make them more or less likely to cooperate with the authorities?

They identified the three testers having some drinks in the restaurant after they have taken their samples.

the-three-stooges-2.bmp

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
They identified the three testers having some drinks in the restaurant after they have taken their samples.

the-three-stooges-2.bmp

Everything else is blocked. How could you get the UCI's newest 3 to pose? Zabel is that you, is it a misunderstanding? As long as your manx boytoy wins all is forgiven. Good mentor.

A

Anonymous

if it was outside the hours it was meant to be i would have told them to stuff it... im out enjoying a meal with freinds and family.. get lost..

but of course then you are put out in the press as avoiding a dope test..

yes test them etc.. but christ.. people do have lives as well...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
if it was outside the hours it was meant to be i would have told them to stuff it... im out enjoying a meal with freinds and family.. get lost..

but of course then you are put out in the press as avoiding a dope test..

yes test them etc.. but christ.. people do have lives as well...

I very seldom agree with you, but I do this time. This was OT and outrageous.

A

Anonymous

Oldnell said:
I very seldom agree with you, but I do this time. This was OT and outrageous.

i agree with me all the time... :D

theres been a spate of people agreeing with me recently.. its rather worrying..

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
It is better to be objective than to be objectionable. Unfortunately he is objective which means he won't be deleting all the little farts you left around the forum this evening. Too bad for the rest of us.

oh i didnt realise oldnell was a re-encarnation :confused:

dimspace said:

Come on, you remember, he's the old guy who was a pilot who lives in France but is not french, and was inspired to do all the french randoneur (sp?) rides by the excellence of Lance Armstrong. Oh yeah he has also gone on record (so to speak) for believing that BPC is the "only sane person on this forum". In short he is either one of god knows how many BPC sock puppets or he is a stark raving loon.
Edit; He seems to show up about every three weeks and all he has to say is that anybody who doesn't like LA is a hater of excellence and a lover of cancer. The timing of his apperances has me suspecting that he is actually a woman of a younger age than he is claiming.

dimspace said:

Apologies to people who have read this before, but the following are Oldnell's words. I picked ten posts to get a glimpse of the person we are dealing with here. His words seem rather ironic.

(1) Because the only people who give any credence to L2L and the rest of the libellous venom spewed out by Walsh, Ballester, Kimmage and the like are the sordid conspiracy theorists and LA haters who make up this forum. Get a life!!

(2) This is forum mostly made up of sad people who hate excellence, probably because they are not willing or able to work hard enough to achieve it themselves
(3)You, as well as most of your libellous conspiracy theorists who dominate this forum, do not know what you are talking about, as usual
(4) I feel sorry for sordid haters like you who do all of their thinking from a much lower part of their anatomy.
(5) Although it is dominated by libellous conspiracy theorists who hate excellence.
(6) It may surprise you and the rest of the Armstrong haters on this forum.
(7) People who use a combination of half truths, innuendo, and absolute falsehoods to trash anyone who achieves excellence deserve nothing better. I calls them the way I sees them!!!
(8) In order to do that I would have to reprint nearly everything you and the rest of the LA haters have been printing since I had the misfortune to come upon this forum.
(9) but most of them are like me who have better things to do with their time than waste it arguing with people like you who hate excellence and believe everyone who has achieved it is a cheat. I happened on to this forum and was so disgusted that I felt considerably better having told you what I thought of you.