• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

do we know if Tiger Woods used ?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That Vanity Fair cover photo isn't exactly impressive for a PED user.

That doesn't mean Woods wasn't using, as he was a client of Dr. Gallea. Why go see a Canadian doctor when you can afford the best in the United States? Makes no sense.

As it is, his swing seems to have put too much torque on his legs, and he is now paying the price. He'll never be the same.

As for his ex-caddy, I'm sure Woods would have kept stuff like that from him, knowing he was a contentious blabbermouth from the word "Go".

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
That Vanity Fair cover photo isn't exactly impressive for a PED user.

That doesn't mean Woods wasn't using, as he was a client of Dr. Gallea. Why go see a Canadian doctor when you can afford the best in the United States? Makes no sense.

As it is, his swing seems to have put too much torque on his legs, and he is now paying the price. He'll never be the same.

As for his ex-caddy, I'm sure Woods would have kept stuff like that from him, knowing he was a contentious blabbermouth from the word "Go".
no it is not impressive. go to a gym, and you will find a natural genetic ectomorph, who commits to diet and exercise, without the roids, having a similar physique, more impressive, better muscles, and the same thin ectomorph genetics of Tiger.

But, Tiger's true exercise, is the fine neuro-muscular movements, and putting 2000 times on the practice green, then going thru his entire set of clubs and hitting a hundred balls for each club in the bag. He cannot do heavy lifting for just mass gain.

so, in these terms, of the demands and requirements, and his commitment to the gym and free weights and muscle mass movements, IT IS impressive.

And unlike the example I invoked, which could be done without roids and just years of commitment and discipline, it is my opinion, that Tiger's physique as a golfer, would look more like Geoff Ogilvy. you go and google image search his physique.

blackcat said:
if you include home staff, there might be about 50 staffers in the employ of Tiger. Of which, Williams is only one.

Ok, they might have done weights sessions when they were at a tourney, and scouted the holes when Steve was doing measurements.

Otherwise, division of labor/labour.

He was never his wingman when Tiger was doing long necks of cristal and doing hookers by the boatful.

Stevie was more than 1 out of 50. Close enough to smell a rat. Pros rent houses for tournaments, if you knew the lifestyle, you would admit that at some point Williams would have seen something fishy. And his big mouth would have done the rest.

It is well documented that TW is insane in the gym, to a fault. As he got older, he has had to slow it down, and you can now see his mass decrease and driving distance not increase in spite of better equipment.

And AGAIN, when you see chubby Stadler win last week, Tom Watson almost win a major at age 60, why would one juice? Is it going to help you on the 18th green with a 10-footer to win? No.

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
does dope help golfers?

I have only played a couple times and taken a beginner golf class, so I'm far from a golf expert. I wonder in what areas dope might help a golfer. I suppose being more powerful could help your long game. Anything else? Dope just doesn't seem as important in golf as in... almost any other sport.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tonton said:
Stevie was more than 1 out of 50. Close enough to smell a rat. Pros rent houses for tournaments, if you knew the lifestyle, you would admit that at some point Williams would have seen something fishy. And his big mouth would have done the rest.

It is well documented that TW is insane in the gym, to a fault. As he got older, he has had to slow it down, and you can now see his mass decrease and driving distance not increase in spite of better equipment.

And AGAIN, when you see chubby Stadler win last week, Tom Watson almost win a major at age 60, why would one juice? Is it going to help you on the 18th green with a 10-footer to win? No.

yes, it potentially will.

It is the Barry Bonds and Mark Mcguire 80 home run seasons.

It is when they had to redesign holes and make the tee to green longer because players were hitting it further, partly due to technology.

I think Corey Pavin has one major. But now there are no par 5s out of reach in two strokes on the PGA Tour. Even into a hurricane gale.

If roids can put your driver and long irons, an extra 10 metres out there, and all par 5s reachable in two, and even some par 4's drivable, or within distance of the pitch'n'run put with the wedge, then this is a definite advantage.

Just cos Stadler had one tourney, and a 55yo Norman threatend at the British a few years back, does not mean roid=/=potential advantage.

They may well be, less of, an advantage. And it seems Tiger's body has protested, so it is making some sort of recompense. Tiger pals around with Jordan and Barkley, dont think they do not know their way around a hypodermic

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
melkemugg said:
Haha. Im sure hes on a lot of recreational, but PEDS? Why would a Golfer take PEDS?

Which is better, driving 350 yards or 300 yards? A 9 iron to the green, or a six?

Strength/power, other things being equal, is a massive advantage.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Jack (6 ch) said:
Which is better, driving 350 yards or 300 yards? A 9 iron to the green, or a six?

Strength/power, other things being equal, is a massive advantage.
THIS

I will add

Why have all major championship courses lengthened their holes by about 50 yards. Augusta included? When Augusta was pretty long to begin with.

Why?

Well, before I hear, cos I can hear the responses coming, from the Jonathan Vaughters school of technology, gluten free, and new light kit and shoes (and bikes), that golfers (i) dont use cycling kit, and (ii) the St Andrews Royal and Ancient rules of the Game committee had put an anchor around some elements of technology and ball technology. Lance might be able to use summa' that eh

TRENDING THREADS