• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do we need more mods? YES!

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
fee

Hugh Januss said:
Amsterhammer said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
How is that for a mod? Does he have to get trou all the crap that is written many times? I mean that means "brain torture".
Do mods get paid?
Thanks in advance for enlighten me.

Bwahahahahaha. Do mods get paid? :D

Now that, is really funny.
I would pay for the promise that Foxxy is never ever ever made a moderator here.

for a small fee..........i too would promise never to become a mod............

Mark L

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Susan, what we also need are mods who actually read, and respond to, their PMs. For the last time, ALPE, please read your PMs and finally take long overdue action.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Susan Westemeyer said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
How is that for a mod? Does he have to get trou all the crap that is written many times? I mean that means "brain torture".
Do mods get paid?

Of course mods are expected to read the forum, as much of it as possible.

It is also obviously not a paid position.

Thanks FYI. I really thought you get paid, since you need to invest much time for that work, leave alone having the risks of acquiring constant headaches by reading trou loads of spam. ;)

Thus your work is highly appreciated, even though many members hit out against the mods "doing this or that wrong (in their opinion)".

Anyway, keep going. :)

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Susan Westemeyer said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Do mods get paid?

Of course mods are expected to read the forum, as much of it as possible.

It is also obviously not a paid position.

Thanks FYI. I really thought you get paid, since you need to invest much time for that work, leave alone having the risks of acquiring constant headaches by reading trou loads of spam. ;)

Thus your work is highly appreciated, even though many members hit out against the mods "doing this or that wrong (in their opinion)".

Anyway, keep going. :)

Hey, I found a beer I think you'll love:

DSCN1580.JPG

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
BigMac said:
Did you seriously have to?

Seems like... Let them play some more silly games. Laying PMs in the open seems not enough joy.

You know, where we live we ask questions, and if we get kindly answers, then we say sincerely thank you.
Others otoh need to discuss flags from A to Z, and Z to A, and back and forth. And then again starting from A to Z. :rolleyes:
Yes even when they know nothing about the flag in question and how Americans in particular view it and respond to it.

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Could you please tell me what I did wrong?
I seriously thought mods may get paid. So I did ask, and was answered.

Thanks in advance.
No problem and nothing wrong with that question. But your flag post didn't help your cause. Check your PM inbox and let's carry it on from there and not in this thread.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Susan Westemeyer said:
BigMac has decided it would not work for him to be a mod, and has given up his duties.

So now who wants to volunteer?

I ask this impartially but has he because he still seems to be a mod, if he is then a bit odd not to have clarified the situation.

snccdcno said:
Susan Westemeyer said:
BigMac has decided it would not work for him to be a mod, and has given up his duties.

So now who wants to volunteer?

I ask this impartially but has he because he still seems to be a mod, if he is then a bit odd not to have clarified the situation.

I believe it is being dealt with. Meanwhile I am exercising my mod duties. Sorry that wasn't clarified.