• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do we need more mods? YES!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

ferryman said:
Netserk said:
ferryman said:
Netserk said:
Sometimes lack of direction isn't a good thing.
Don't go there mate..
Honestly, why not?
Don't be a ****. Honestly.
Wow.

I'm asking calmly why, as I'm not sure if you just would prefer me not to 'go there' or if there actually was a reason for it. Fair enough you don't feel like discussing or talking about some things (like that will improve them...), but there's no reason to act like that just because someone doesn't share your view.

All I asked for was a reason.

Netserk, there is a huge difference between the mods and CN having a hidden agenda to support or criticise one team, and having general guidance from CN. Ferryman was referring to the first. I have NEVER been told to do the first, and I have been a mod with the forum since its first day. (I also would not accept such an order).

We do have general guidance: stay neutral, calm, polite, move quickly when retired, etc.

This latter is what Ferryman was referring to. And you were a mod for a while, so you should know all that anyway.

Re:

Susan Westemeyer said:
Netserk, there is a huge difference between the mods and CN having a hidden agenda to support or criticise one team, and having general guidance from CN. Ferryman was referring to the first. I have NEVER been told to do the first, and I have been a mod with the forum since its first day. (I also would not accept such an order).

We do have general guidance: stay neutral, calm, polite, move quickly when retired, etc.

This latter is what Ferryman was referring to. And you were a mod for a while, so you should know all that anyway.

You will be around 80 when you retire....how will you move quickly? ....or cn will give you special dope :D

Re:

irondan said:
I tried to reply with a PM to Susan but it just sits in my Outbox, and my sent folder is empty, so I'm not sure I'm operating the PM functions properly. lol.

I would spend some time helping out as a Moderator if you guys still need people.
You have my vote :)
Zam_Olyas said:
Susan Westemeyer said:

You will be around 80 when you retire....how will you move quickly? ....or cn will give you special dope :D
:D

Zam_Olyas said:
Susan Westemeyer said:

That is why I already leave the active moderation to the youngsters! Gotta protect these old bones!

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

SkyTears said:
i was wondering if there are any mods around

road forum is full of doping talk and reporting the posts seems to do nothing

It's quite difficult not to stray into that area at times. If doping hits the mainstream news, it's news and then IMO not specifically for the Clinic.
A few posters do try and guide the chat if needed in the clinics direction.

Re:

Susan Westemeyer said:
Many thanks to those who have volunteered -- we are currently discussing the options.

We would also very much like to have another Euro on board, though, someone who will be available to moderate during Tour stages, if possible......

I would have thought an Aussie who is going to stay up anyway to watch the race would have been ideal for the Tour stages.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
How is that for a mod? Does he have to get trou all the crap that is written many times? I mean that means "brain torture".
Do mods get paid?
Thanks in advance for enlighten me.

May 2, 2010
Visit site

TheGreenMonkey said:
Susan Westemeyer said:
Many thanks to those who have volunteered -- we are currently discussing the options.

We would also very much like to have another Euro on board, though, someone who will be available to moderate during Tour stages, if possible......

I would have thought an Aussie who is going to stay up anyway to watch the race would have been ideal for the Tour stages.

Not really. Most of us just go to sleep after the stage and/or only watch crucial stages. Doesn't help if the forum goes into meltdown after a stage.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:
mods do it for the love of cycling..............for the love of the forum...............

...........count me out..............

Mark L

Still, do they have to read all those posts (aprox 50% of them "in-fights" between members)? The mildest form of illness I think they get is a constant strong headache, the worst is the "brain torture" I talked about. If Mr Benson or higher people want to have this place going back to old standards, the mods shall get paid for the hard work required. 10.000 $ minimum per year if they work in let´s say 8 hour shifts.
Still would like to know about it... Thanks in advance :)

Susan Westemeyer said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
How is that for a mod? Does he have to get trou all the crap that is written many times? I mean that means "brain torture".
Do mods get paid?

It is also obviously not a paid position.

this i could understand if advertising was not such a prominent feature of the forum.......

break the mold have professional mods......the forum would only need 2 or 3

Mark L

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Do mods get paid?

Bwahahahahaha. Do mods get paid? :D

Now that, is really funny.