• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do you believe that Lance's interview with Oprah improves his situation?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Do you believe that Lance's interview with Oprah improves his situation?

• No, but he told the whole truth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
airstream said:
It depends on what we imply by bully. It is tough to evalutate Coppi and Bartali - media did not have such a global influence at that times. But everyone remembers Pantani's Giro dismissal I think. That was just a huge grievance to the whole world from him. The same works for Contador. The man imitates tears and threatens to quite the sport if he gets banned. He has no doubt he is right within the limits of current system. Is that bully? To me, for sure. Yes, probably it is not so spectacular like Lance's defiant hyper agression. But by and large there are the same mad egocentrism and intimidation [again, we know only USPS story partially] behind all of this stories. I don't defend Armstrong but there is no doubt other guys' confessions is the matter of the time exceptionally and they will not be lesser liars than Lance. All the more so I'm sure others co-called great ones really admired how Armstrong defended himself during all these years.

ALso fail on threat by AC.

A threat is an act of coercion wherein an act is proposed to elicit a negative response. It is a communicated intent to inflict harm or loss on another person.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Can you give examples of other champions intimidating others in a manner that would be considered bullying to back up your post that it is part of what makes a winner?
Vinokourov perhaps.

But not in the way wonderlance reigned the peloton. He even tried to bully Pantani in 2000, that was not such a smart move as Pantani caused him the only bad moment [hungerstrike or how do you call it in English?] in 7 Tours. I believe it was towards Morzine, the control freak even had a panic attack.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
veganrob said:
ALso fail on threat by AC.

A threat is an act of coercion wherein an act is proposed to elicit a negative response. It is a communicated intent to inflict harm or loss on another person.

What falls are you saying about? All that is a matter of personal understanding rather than semantic details. Though, if Contador cues can elicit only a positive respnse, I would have to agree.

oldcrank said:
Humourous response to the Dope-rah show.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-work-of-fiction/story-fndo317g-1226557777255
Apologies if already posted somewhere.

Tee hee :rolleyes:

777186-manly-library.jpg

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
airstream said:
It depends on what we imply by bully. It is tough to evalutate Coppi and Bartali - media did not have such a global influence at that times. But everyone remembers Pantani's Giro dismissal I think. That was just a huge grievance to the whole world from him. The same works for Contador. The man imitates tears and threatens to quite the sport if he gets banned. He has no doubt he is right within the limits of current system. Is that bully? To me, for sure. Yes, probably it is not so spectacular like Lance's defiant hyper agression. But by and large there are the same mad egocentrism and intimidation [again, we know only USPS story partially] behind all of this stories. I don't defend Armstrong but there is no doubt other guys' confessions is the matter of the time exceptionally and they will not be lesser liars than Lance. All the more so I'm sure others co-called great ones really admired how Armstrong defended himself during all these years.
I think you need to reread the definition of bullying. Contador & Pantani didn't bully anyone. Contador did suggest that he'd retire if banned, barely a threat but certainly not bullying. I don't remember any stories of ex-teammates of Contador, or any other rider for that matter, being stitched up, hounded or vilified in the press or in any way. Armstrong acted and continues to act like the nasty spiteful bully he has always been.

A friend of mine met a couple who were close to Armstrong due to the husband's work. The wife wasn't too keen on him though, her description of him was "the man is a pig". That assessment dates back to the beginning of his Tour run. God alone knows how much worse he became in subsequent years.

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
BowlingBall said:
Obviously it does, because it couldn't have gotten any worse. You'd have to be an obtuce moron to think it made things worse. Things were already as bad as they can get!!

I respectfully disagree. By refusing to comepletely come clean, by trying to 'control the narrative' with more lies, Armstrong dug himself an even deeper hole.

"....And yet, during this come-clean interview, he continued to lie. Many of Armstrong's claims to Oprah were in direct contrast to hours and hours of testimony provided by his former teammates, trainers and—as part-owner of the cycling team for which he raced—employees....

That's the problem with Armstrong's interview with Oprah, and the real reason his legacy is forever tarnished; even when he sat down for three hours to tell the truth, it wasn't the truth.
" http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1490085-lance-armstrongs-admission-cant-save-his-tarnished-legacy

movingtarget said:
By that definition he wasn't the only one with a drug program.

Restating a failed argument doesn't make it any better. To use your mother's example, "If your friends decided to jump off a cliff, then you go too?" Did you miss that lesson?

movingtarget said:
As for the terrorist comparisons, lighten up, that is ridiculous.

Uh huh. Just because Wonderboy looks 'mercun doesn't mean he's not a terrorist. He never threatened, or intimidated anyone? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism

You seem steeped in propaganda and can't seem to tell truth from fiction very well. I know, I know. I'm the crackpot. Let's just keep pretending. But, that just enables the terrorist once again.

TRENDING THREADS