• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do you think the uci will appeal to cas ?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

I have posted elsewhere my thoughts on whether the uci will appeal the usada’s verdic

• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
thirteen said:
does anyone know if this will be streamed live? and what language it will be conducted in?

i have Sporza on my twitter feed and think they'll be doing it (link here), but i don't understand much dutch :eek:

like I said previously - Aus's online news site news.com.au and foxsports.com.au will have it - if you can access it from wherever you are I dont know

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think UCI has much options but to appeal. Not appealling would practicly mean UCI surrendering it's powers to national committees, WADA chapters like USADA.

I don't see organisations like UCI, FIFA, UEFA, IOC doing such a thing, so the only defence they have is to go on the attack.

There seems to me to be enough murky water to appeal on... the length of the bans for the witnesses, the length of the ban for Armstrong (is there a max sentence on a first offender?), the jurisdiction issue, the statute of limitations, the burden of proof (only witnesses no physical evidence) etc, etc, etc.

So i expect a statement which applauds the efforts of USADA and their investigation into USPS, but which also states that given the unique circumstances and technicalitys of the issue at hand UCI sees no other option but send the matter to CAS as there are a number of contradicting laws and regulations surrounding the case.

AussieEdge said:
like I said previously - Aus's online news site news.com.au and foxsports.com.au will have it - if you can access it from wherever you are I dont know
merci! my bad for not catching it...

and, yes, i do think they're going to appeal... i can't imagine them accepting the entire report in this short amount a time... you may call it stupid, but they're fighting for their livelihood.

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
thirteen said:
merci! my bad for not catching it...

and, yes, i do think they're going to appeal... i can't imagine them accepting the entire report in this short amount a time... you may call it stupid, but they're fighting for their livelihood.

no worries - but like I said I've got no idea on which countries if any outside of Oz can see it so good luck

you are probably right on the appeal but I hopeful that this will lead to everything coming out

TRENDING THREADS