• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does Computer Timing Ruin Time Trials?

Do computer timers ruin televised time trials at the end?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Nothing was more annoying yesterday than hearing "the computer is wrong yet again," or worse having Contador still be a few minutes from finishing and hearing the commentators say "computers say he's got it."

I like the checkpoints. It adds excitement like the checkpoint did with Andy coming out ahead.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I think you are confusing the commentators and the timing system. The commentators have a lot of tools to give them information but the computer they use is parallel to the one for the timing. These little glitches get ironed out but often the commentators are confused at the information and make commentary based on mistaken information. So I suppose you have a point and maybe the commentators are in info overload.

TRENDING THREADS