• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does Lance have to return his yellow jerseys? Can we really erase Lance from history?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dr. Maserati said:
It was called Mellow Johnnies as a reference to the Mailliot Jaune - peoples thoughts on an appropriate name would be welcome. Maybe Edgar Allen Poes or something?

As for the jerseys - he has quite a few (his wiki page doesn't have the number up anymore, hmmm) so they should be distributed to all the others who assisted in the fraud. Send some to Hein, Pat(XXXL), Michelle, Comical Chris, Sally etc and they should be forced to wear them continuously so people can point and mock them.

With all of those
dq.jpg
s on his record how about calling the store
dq.jpg
?

As for the jerseys....switch'em with:
Dairy-Queen-Breakdown.jpg

Ohhh! DQ.....it's already taken!

lucky

lostintime said:
lol ... more like ... good luck trying to "erase" and "take back" the past ;)

trying to remove past the creates more of it

quite correct .....that past should be remembered.....all that cheating and collusion

lance can keep those jerseys for what they are worth......no one else would want yellow jerseys printed usps

that will help him remember his duplicity

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
FitSsikS said:
With all of those
dq.jpg
s on his record how about calling the store
dq.jpg
?

As for the jerseys....switch'em with:
Dairy-Queen-Breakdown.jpg

Ohhh! DQ.....it's already taken!

Nice - I was also thinking of Mellow Junkies.
Or Melancholic Junkie might be more appropriate.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
The proof Lemond cheated by virtue of the USADA's kangaroo system is Lemond must prove his innocence. He cannot do that therefore he is guilty.
Doesn't Lemond still hold a TT record of beating all known dopers for the past 30 years riding a cast iron boat with gimmicky aero bars no less?
As long as Lemond and Hinault wash each others hands under the protection of France he can confidently attest to never failing a doping test ..err what test is that?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
guilder said:
The proof Lemond cheated by virtue of the USADA's kangaroo system is Lemond must prove his innocence. He cannot do that therefore he is guilty.
Doesn't Lemond still hold a TT record of beating all known dopers for the past 30 years riding a cast iron boat with gimmicky aero bars no less?
As long as Lemond and Hinault wash each others hands under the protection of France he can confidently attest to never failing a doping test ..err what test is that?
Obviously USADA just make stuff up and make up their own rules - so they could do that to LeMond.

But until then I guess you will have to get used to hearing that Greg LeMond is the only American Tour de France winner.

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Cycling historically has been littered with cheats. The difference with Lance though was that he took the p*ss!
All the other "greats" were decent enough to occasionaly test positive! :D

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
I was wondering now that Lance has been stripped of his seven titles, does he have to return his seven yellow jerseys or something? I don't know how that would work, would USADA send a team of special agents to strip his house and find any TDF momentos? The jerseys I wonder about because I think those are in Lances Mellow Johnny's shop in Texas...

5666892665_9543b21443.jpg

Like what is the process when this happens? He owes the prize money for his winnings? Gives back the bronze medal, erased from the history books, erased all his titles, etc.?

Maybe USADA can erase our minds, because we all still see Lance on that podium.

But seriously, will they take Lance's Jerseys then send them to Jan Ulrich...? That would be an awkward conversation..

"Hi Jan, congratulations, you are the default winner of the Tour De France, blah blah blah, here is your yellow jersey. We know you cheated at one point, and probably cheated that year, but we don't have proof. Sorry but the jersey was already signed by Lance. Our bad, wish we got him sooner. But if we do find proof you did cheat that year, were going to need that back." :p

Maybe this ruling will prevent other cyclists from thinking about cheating, or perhaps winning too much.

Regardless you have to admit it was an exciting era of cycling. Maybe it was riddled with all cheats at the top and maybe Lance was one of them, but it was entertaining. I gotta say...this year was absolutely the most boring TDF. I hope the sport does get clean, but does that mean, it turns boring? You would think not since it's a "level" playing field, providing us with much closer races, but I guess we'll find out.

Next year will be an exciting tour IMO when the great spaniart, AC returns, along with his nemesis, the "Chicken" or M. Rasmussen.

he gets to keep everything, most fans still think he was the rightful winner, and he has the support of most top pros. its unclear if it will even be legally recognized. my sources tell me the UCI is considering trying to strike a compromise where its reduced to the statute of limations, and that's only if they can't overturn it entirely. he will end up offically having five tour wins.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
he gets to keep everything, most fans still think he was the rightful winner, and he has the support of most top pros. its unclear if it will even be legally recognized. my sources tell me the UCI is considering trying to strike a compromise where its reduced to the statute of limations, and that's only if they can't overturn it entirely. he will end up offically having five tour wins.

Hey BPC, can you cite your sources?
Or if not, just state from which group they are, like Livestrong, UCI, voices in your head etc. Thanks.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
ebandit said:
armstrong............guilty

if other winners are guilty name them

first the cleanest cycling icons that spring to mind

beryl burton
graeme obree
greg lemond
chris boardman

armstrong continues to mock the truth

I would not bet any of Armstrong's money that these 4 are clean.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
guilder said:

1) The TT was short.

2) The was a tail wind.

3) It was flat so weight does not matter much.

Not that I think Lemond was clean, just being fair.

ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
my sources tell me the UCI is considering trying to strike a compromise where its reduced to the statute of limations, and that's only if they can't overturn it entirely. he will end up offically having five tour wins.

Now that's the uci we know. However, I think that strategy publicly damages the ioc anti-doping brand. And the ioc will not allow that. Which gets us back to what does wonderboy have on hein.

eh?

Turner29 said:
I would not bet any of Armstrong's money that these 4 are clean.

sources?

all have taken an anti doping stance
all have thus far remained above accusations and debate

put your £ where your mouth is

don't forget that my comment was just an aside to the armstrong debate
ie examples of clean cycling............just saying that clean cyclists do exist

now do you really think that armstrong has $ left to bet?