• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does Lemond need to shut his mouth

Does Lemond need to shut his mouth

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:
This guy does one of the most classless things calling out riders in a sport that was so good to him, mostly because those riders are winning.

This guy does one of the most honourable things calling out suspicious achievements in a sport riddled with doping, mostly because those riders are doping.

A

Anonymous

Did we need a poll for something that already has multiple threads?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I think LeMond has a point even though he doesn't do himself any favors by opening his mouth over suspicions. That being said, I remember being suspicious of Ricardo Ricco at his stage win in last year's Tour de France and DiLuca's sprint uphill win in this year's Giro. Both wins didn't seem possible. Now we know why. When I see Contrador go uphill, he makes it look effortless. He doesn't even look like he breaks a sweat. I have suspicions myself. But I don't have any proof.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Green Hornet said:
The thing I’m looking forward to most from LeMond is his funeral.

Is this really necessary? I started a thread on 'lets be nice' to which you appeared to agree on the spirit of it - and now you post someting like this?

If you have an argument, point of view, or objection by all means share it.

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Is this really necessary? I started a thread on 'lets be nice' to which you appeared to agree on the spirit of it - and now you post someting like this?

If you have an argument, point of view, or objection by all means share it.

The thread should have been in the doping channel not the road racing channel.
Greg Le Mond was the only truly clean cyclist in the history of the sport.....ask Greg he'll tell ya!

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Bagster said:
The thread should have been in the doping channel not the road racing channel.
Greg Le Mond was the only truly clean cyclist in the history of the sport.....ask Greg he'll tell ya!

Agreed - this should have been in the 'Clinic' as Lemond refuses to ignore the current doping within the sport.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Green Hornet said:

What a stupid comment! The fact that Lemond was a brilliant cyclist is indisputable. The fact that when he opens his mouth to the media S...t comes out is not. That doesnt give anyone the right to wish him dead. If you are going to post on here, at least say something intelligent.

Green Hornet said:

Does this line make you feel good about yourself? Well done....

Greg Lemond, why does he bother when he has to put up with crap like this....from 'fans' who only came on board through Lance. The guy is trying to save a sport that has been so good to him, a sport he loves, and this is the type of response he gets. If there were more like him, cycling wouldn't be in the state it is now in. Sick of the bullsh** of watching Contador treating the sport as a joke, just like many others before him. They don't all dope, but the clean ones haven't a chance when this is going on. So few journalists and people within the sport are willing to tell the truth....the end result = ignorance sprouted above.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Seriously all you Armstrong fans miss the bigger picture because 'no one can suggest that LA may have doped' especially not Le Mond. (I AM an Armstrong fan). Yes Le Mond should keep talking, it needs to be put out there, lets use the last few years as an example - Rasmussen, Basso, Ullrich, Ricco, Millar, Vinokourov, Dekker, Hamilton, Landis. (Almost all of them at the top of cycling) Armstrong & Contador etc seem to be that much better than anyone else that you honsetly have to wonder. I am sorry but the fact is there is rampant doping in the peleton whether you like it or not. People like Le Mond need to keep bringing it up becasue half of these cyclists are taking the **** out of all of us -'The Fans'. How many of these guys ride a 200km stage in the mountains and ride across the line with a smile on their face and barely out of breathe? The fact that most of them get re employed after their ban is an absolute disgrace, they should be banned for life. It makes me wonder that they get there jobs back for keeping their mouth shut. I will keep following it, I have for 25 yrs but sooner or later enough is enough, get rid of the dopers once and for all and people should keep keep bringing up their suspicions.

I posted this as part of another post earlier today but feel it is better posted here:

From what I see, Greg Lemond is doing nothing wrong. He is doing exactly what half the journo's in the press conferences don't have the guts to do and asking the hard un-popular questions.

All he is saying is :

Your performance is outstanding and to some it may appear a little too outstanding. Please supply some information on your VO2 max/power etc, then I will either :

A. applaud you with the rest of the world, get back in my box and shut up

or

B. Say, 'Yes as I expected, your a dope'.

But the fact must remain that it is a natural reaction, for most people, that when accused of something they are not guilty off, they generally go out of their way to clear themselves.

This man has the balls to make an un-popular accusation, be it right or wrong, these athletes should have the proffesional integrity to shut him up, or role over and fade away themselves. Leaving the world second guessing on something they refuse to clear up is not good for their or the sports image.

'Next question' or 'No comment is not good enough.

He may have cast the first un-popular stone, its now there chance to throw it back.

Lastly before people reply, I sincerley hope that Greg Lemond is wrong, but if he is, it still doesn't make him a bad person, just an inquisitive and intelligent man who asked.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
cycledp said:
I think LeMond has a point even though he doesn't do himself any favors by opening his mouth over suspicions. That being said, I remember being suspicious of Ricardo Ricco at his stage win in last year's Tour de France and DiLuca's sprint uphill win in this year's Giro. Both wins didn't seem possible. Now we know why. When I see Contrador go uphill, he makes it look effortless. He doesn't even look like he breaks a sweat. I have suspicions myself. But I don't have any proof.
IMO if a bloke is pushing it up an HC climb without sweating and breathing through his nose, you pretty much have all the proof you need right there.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Greg should keep talking. The problem will be when people stop listening.

The whole livestrong theme is the perfect backdrop to lead a doping crusade, but yet nothing. There is no prominent voice. Even DM is largely quiet, but then again, he is probably pretty tired after racing now.

TRENDING THREADS