• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Domenico Pozzovivo appreciation thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume, he suffers a lot with the conditions, I mean a rider of his size...
I still believe, he'll get one or two stages.

Was so impressed with his TT.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Pozzovivo should start working for Betancur in this Giro.

Agree with this, supporting Betancur should be AG2R's main focus. He's got good form and he has been looking great in the mountains. Pozzovivo should still try to do as well as he can do, but if it comes down to a choice between supporting Betancur or Pozzovivo, Betancur should get the support.

Afrank said:
Agree with this, supporting Betancur should be AG2R's main focus. He's got good form and he has been looking great in the mountains. Pozzovivo should still try to do as well as he can do, but if it comes down to a choice between supporting Betancur or Pozzovivo, Betancur should get the support.

Both Lampre and AG2R (and Sky if Henao is starting to feel better) got the fire power to do some damage to Nibali, but it will require some sacrifices methinks. Two mountain stages left.

SafeBet said:
They should keep attacking relentlessly. Not much working for each other needed.

well, agree they should attack relentlessly, but I'm not seeing any evidence of anybody being capable of doing that at this point (except maybe Betancur).

One little attack by Pozzovivo on an earlier stage and one little attack from Scarponi yesterday. Perhaps we can blame the weather, but if this is the standard on the last two mountain stages, it won't yield a result imo.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
He is the real star in this Giro so far!!!
The question is did he hit the peak form a little too early? Can he keep improving in the coming days?

The good thing is he seems very confident compared with a few years ago and his team seems is doing a fantastic job for him.

Netserk said:
How can one not love him? Awesome ride in Liege too. Always ready to attack without looking back.

I have been proudly fanboying for my main boy Domenico for years :cool:

I can't see him winning the Giro but god dammit i wish he could do it. Has a guy with a PhD ever won a GT? :p

Also high fives for Jens and Libertine who have always been members of the Dottore fan club

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
He is the real star in this Giro so far!!!
The question is did he hit the peak form a little too early? Can he keep improving in the coming days?

The good thing is he seems very confident compared with a few years ago and his team seems is doing a fantastic job for him.

I think he's peaking right now just as the Giro enters into the really GC decisive stages. Which is exactly the right time to peak.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Too bad for Pozzo Quintana is in the race. He really deserves the victory based how he ridden the past two weeks. He really has step up to another level. From a nice climber who always had bad days to a true GC contender.

TRENDING THREADS