• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Domenico Pozzovivo appreciation thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Domenico Pozzovivo riding through the pain at the Giro d’Italia
"The 39-year-old still suffers from pain in his back sustained in a horrific crash during a training ride in 2019. Pozzovivo was left with a broken arm, leg, hand, and ribs after he was hit head-on by a driver and had to undergo a six-hour operation to insert some 20 screws and four plates to fix the injuries.

Over the last two-and-a-half years, Pozzovivo has changed the way he rides to compensate for the lasting impact of the crash. However, he is unable to get rid of the pain completely and he’s had to learn to cope with it if he wants to race."

Domenico Pozzovivo riding through the pain at the Giro d’Italia
"The 39-year-old still suffers from pain in his back sustained in a horrific crash during a training ride in 2019. Pozzovivo was left with a broken arm, leg, hand, and ribs after he was hit head-on by a driver and had to undergo a six-hour operation to insert some 20 screws and four plates to fix the injuries.

Over the last two-and-a-half years, Pozzovivo has changed the way he rides to compensate for the lasting impact of the crash. However, he is unable to get rid of the pain completely and he’s had to learn to cope with it if he wants to race."

He is simply an impressive little guy—hope he is rewarded with some good fortune in this Giro,

Pozzovivo still traning on Etna hoping for a call:

Here Etna, Pozzovivo pedals and hopes: "The Intermarché track is not yet closed..."
The 40-year-old Lucanian does not yet have a contract for 2023 and is training alone. "I haven't lost faith"
More here in italiano

Pozzovivo still traning on Etna hoping for a call:

Here Etna, Pozzovivo pedals and hopes: "The Intermarché track is not yet closed..."
The 40-year-old Lucanian does not yet have a contract for 2023 and is training alone. "I haven't lost faith"
More here in italiano

Why are the articles on the Gazzetta always so short? Is it different in the printed version?

Anyway, I really hope he closes a deal but I guess he must have some demands as to the salary, otherwise he would be under contract now.

Ok, it‘s February now… But Pozzovivo should start racing in March, at the latest. March is still ok - then he can ride Giro and TdF for Intermarche, and Meintjes rides TdF and Vuelta for them.

But Pozzo and Intermarche should sign this contract still in February, so that the rider has a few weeks to meet his people at the team again. Shouldn‘t be done in the very last moment.

Anyways, Pozzo and Intermarche - that fits. Surprisingly good rider, surprisingly good team. Both very popular amongst fans.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Pozzo shouldn't work for inferior riders anyway. Only Nibali deserved his full support.
Pozzovivo is also not the kind of guy who demands a lot of support and makes a fuss in the media when something doesn't go his way. Frankly he has come off as the nicest guy on earth when I spoke to him, maybe a bit reserved and almost shy, but really nice.

TRENDING THREADS