• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dominating Riders of the 2020-2029 decade

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is it too late to nominate Isaac del Toro?

I'll allow it. But no beer.

In all seriousness, it's amazing to think that hardly anyone had even heard of him in 2019

And what we had heard - collapsing on the final stage of Tour de Pologne, because he couldn't handle wearing the leader's jersey - didn't exactly scream "future dominator".

Rather funny to see this thread revived.
Some, we thought would dominate have already basically faded into obscurity.
Others, we didn't even consider are well on their path to domination.
And I'm not even counting the silly predictions found earlier in this thread.

Though, I suppose one thing we definitely couldn't have predicted in late 2019 was the World turning sideways a couple of months later...

I'll allow it. But no beer.

And what we had heard - collapsing on the final stage of Tour de Pologne, because he couldn't handle wearing the leader's jersey - didn't exactly scream "future dominator".

Rather funny to see this thread revived.
Some, we thought would dominate have already basically faded into obscurity.
Others, we didn't even consider are well on their path to domination.
And I'm not even counting the silly predictions found earlier in this thread.

Though, I suppose one thing we definitely couldn't have predicted in late 2019 was the World turning sideways a couple of months later...

It seems like we were all wrong with the most mentioned rider of the thread - Valverde.

Reactions: Sandisfan