• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Don't mess with the Badger

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
As opposed to the 145643 threads on LA/AC/Astana/Columbia & Garmin/Mark Cavendish/George Hincapie?

True. If it was another thread about LA shooting fire out of his eyes to incinerate a podium-crasher, then it might have been too much to warrant a new thread.

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
What a thug. Sure it was a stupid stunt, and sure it would **** me off too if I were the organiser, but that was straight-out assault and could well have injured the guy (or an audience member he landed on). I can respect tough action when it's needed, but this was just plain nasty.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
dsut4392 said:
What a thug. Sure it was a stupid stunt, and sure it would **** me off too if I were the organiser, but that was straight-out assault and could well have injured the guy (or an audience member he landed on). I can respect tough action when it's needed, but this was just plain nasty.

Hinault is a nasty and embittered thug, but because he is perceived as 'anti-Lance', anything he does or says is glorified by the hate brigade. It's really as simple as that, sadly.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
hinault did the right thing and nothing wrong. he threw an idiot of the podium stage big deal should of punched him a couple times to that would have been funny. the world sure is getting politically correct these days lame and sad imo:)

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Hinault was never known for his patience - remember when he lashed out at protesters in I think 1984 when they stopped the Tour?

The invader on the podium deserves everything he might have got - broken bones, bruises, hopefully more. It seems from his shaved legs that he is a dedicated cyclist and he should have known better than to do such a stupid thing.

Honestly, do people have any respect for the biggest race in the calendar? It's one thing doing something stupid like that as a protester trying to make a point - that is almost understandable.

But to do it as a dare or whatever it was, that's just irresponsible. Hopefully Hinault will track him down and finish him off.

Amsterhammer said:
Hinault is a nasty and embittered thug, but because he is perceived as 'anti-Lance', anything he does or says is glorified by the hate brigade. It's really as simple as that, sadly.

Bah! Hinault is a magnificent beast, and he always has been, and the enjoyment of his beastliness has nothing to do with Armstrong (who, by the way, is something of a nasty thug himself . . . it's a shame that he and Hinault don't get on).

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:

I know you are new to the sport so you may not know that Hinault had a rather impressive career. Winning 5 Tours, The Giro, The Vuelta, PR, The WC, Amstel, etc. might be the reason that people listen to what he says rather then that he may occasionally introduce reality into the Armstrong discussion.

dsut4392 said:

What country do you live in? Sure, here in the UK, the little men with clipboards would have been all over that. Maybe in the US too, but that's France.

dsut4392 said:

Sounds like someone could use a glass of Testosterone.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
...and you really think this momentary non-event is worth a separate topic?:rolleyes:

it is just to remind everyone what a tool Bernard is and was

always blindsiding people. pushing dude in the back makes you look like the female french poodle you are

he still thinks he was fair to Greg and said that Lace's comeback is better for Lance than it is for cycling

What have you done with your fame Bernie? you are the french equivalent of a senior greater at costco checking cards and shaking hands living legends of past because you are unemployable and un marketable and lacked any enterprising skill after racing. you fell into a job where people could still tel you how great your are

you whiny french has been

Boeing said:

always blindsiding people. pushing dude in the back makes you look like the female french poodle you are

he still thinks he was fair to Greg and said that Lace's comeback is better for Lance than it is for cycling

What have you done with your fame Bernie? you are the french equivalent of a senior greater at costco checking cards and shaking hands living legends of past because you are unemployable and un marketable and lacked any enterprising skill after racing. you fell into a job where people could still tel you how great your are

"Jens Voigt Can eat just one," but the Badger could eat Jens Voigt.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:

Hinault's a *** and will always be remembered as one.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:

Hinault does that because he like it... he was happy with his farm. He don't need fame and spotlight.
What it' seems important for you can not be the same for others. Real life in natur is some times better than go on TV shows to lie, isn't it?

TRENDING THREADS