• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping Bingo

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
First call for:
"I haven't done anything wrong."

Soon to come:
"The lab made a mistake"
"They are out to get me"
"I maintain my innocence, just look at my career, I never tested positive before"

A bit later we then have the bingo split option.
Option 1 (repeat ad nauseum):
"I am innocent and everyone else is wrong, just like Mr Flangis and Mr Schumacher."

Option 2:
"I made a mistake"
"I only took it because I was ill/crashed/crap/everyone else was on it a couple of months ago"
"I haven't got a supplier as I got it from space/the internet/China"
"I didn't do anything wrong"

I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see how people have progressed. Winner get's a packet of indegestion tablets courtesy of Schumachers mum

I thought you were going to suggest we all pick a dozen riders from the peleton at random - put them on a bingo card and tick them off as they get caught - we could give out points for a line as well as call House for a full card!

...and the way it's going we might simply be able to use the race numbers off riders backs for the GIRO - but that would be just silly! - Wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
The last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics. I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets - this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it.

I don't knowwhat you mean - I am dreaming big - I have invented a new game Cycling Bingo - it will make me millions and I will haveve a big house, a new car .... I may even start a cycling team and hire a great group of support staff (ok scientists!) .... we will race clean (at least the bikes will be shiny) and we will demonstrate what it takes to make miracles become reality... until our riders come up on the bingo card! :rolleyes:

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
I thought you were going to suggest we all pick a dozen riders from the peleton at random - put them on a bingo card and tick them off as they get caught - we could give out points for a line as well as call House for a full card!

...and the way it's going we might simply be able to use the race numbers off riders backs for the GIRO - but that would be just silly! - Wouldn't it? :rolleyes:
Damn it! That's a good call. Perhaps they can be a double pack.

Trashywhiteboy, are you including me in that statement? Where am I not believing in cycling? I just won't believe in riders who I have cause to think are not clean. Winning Amstel, Fleche and Liege in the space of 8 days does not go down as being credible, so I was disappointed last wednesday when he won Fleche.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
But finally...

Jarvis said:
Trashywhiteboy, are you including me in that statement?

I think he may be referring to the line he wants to claim for Doping Bingo, although it is almost four years since it was first uttered..