• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Italy

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
This Epo Zeta - is it the rumored undetectable new form of EPO, or something that's been around for a while?

Also, amateurs are using AICAR already?

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
This Epo Zeta - is it the rumored undetectable new form of EPO, or something that's been around for a while?

Also, amateurs are using AICAR already?

Amateurs are perhaps even more advanced users than pro's, as they don't have a bloodpassport or OOC controls.

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
This must have been what Matt Rendell was referring to when he said Rujano was about to get done for doping in a podcast about a year ago...

Oh well.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Amateurs are perhaps even more advanced users than pro's, as they don't have a bloodpassport or OOC controls.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. Was mainly thinking there shouldn't be much money in amateur racing to afford cutting-edge dope, but maybe they are the guinea pigs for the big boys? Test stuff out in races, experiment to see glowtimes, etc.

The only thing shocking about this is that Rujana, the rider with a dope fueled 20:1 power to weight ratio, still could not consistently compete with the more professional programs of certain teams. The only one not able to figure out what Rujana was doing were guys with names that start with "Ry".

BroDeal said:
The only thing shocking about this is that Rujana, the rider with a dope fueled 20:1 power to weight ratio, still could not consistently compete with the more professional programs of certain teams. The only one not able to figure out what Rujana was doing were guys with names that start with "Ry".

ive been looking for some hillarious posts from 2 years ago where Ryo went around insulting anyone who asked what Savio was up to saying they dont understand cycling etc,

Cant find it though.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Vacansoleil's contracts catch more dopers than drug testing.

That is a good one :D

--------------------

Italy, back in the game ;) Now the EU is back in Country vs Country doping accusations and doping cases.

---------------------

As for Rujano being the only Pro, well maybe we should wait a bit.

Of course no Doctors were involved, right?

Beech Mtn said:
Good point, hadn't thought of that. Was mainly thinking there shouldn't be much money in amateur racing to afford cutting-edge dope, but maybe they are the guinea pigs for the big boys? Test stuff out in races, experiment to see glowtimes, etc.

The pharmaceutical company will have half-life and dosage protocols worked out with release of the drug.

What's expensive and hard to get in parts of the world is HGH. If my memory serves, both EPO's and T are not easy to source and expensive.

Some of the peptides I read about in the body building forums are not easy to source, but not expensive even compared to old-fashioned steroids. The peptides are in fact "better" than various hormones because there's no off-cycle to do.

I believe that EPO use was "perfected" (killed a few athletes) in pre-elite-level ranks until Conconi gave it to a bunch of pros.

All that said, depending on where you are in the world, the drugs may be very easy to get.

DirtyWorks said:
What's expensive and hard to get in parts of the world is HGH. If my memory serves, both EPO's and T are not easy to source and expensive.

EPO, testosterone and HgH are relatively inexpensive and easy to get if you have the right pipeline. T is the cheapest, followed by HgH and then EPO. Given this breakdown, a cycle of EPO isn't expensive relatively speaking, not as expensive as people think. But there are caveats.

If you're some Joe Schmo with no connections, you will either pay dearly at full black market prices and maybe get sold stuff that is complete garbage, or you will remain out of the loop.

I've stated this before, but it bears repeating. A run-of-the-mill local amateur racer can put together a regimen involving all three PED's mentioned above to carry himself through a good three-month portion of any racing season here in the Northeast for around $1,000 US.

It's all in the procurement.

Berzin said:
EPO, testosterone and HgH are relatively inexpensive and easy to get if you have the right pipeline. T is the cheapest, followed by HgH and then EPO. Given this breakdown, a cycle of EPO isn't expensive relatively speaking, not as expensive as people think. But there are caveats.

If you're some Joe Schmo with no connections, you will either pay dearly at full black market prices and maybe get sold stuff that is complete garbage, or you will remain out of the loop.

I've stated this before, but it bears repeating. A run-of-the-mill local amateur racer can put together a regimen involving all three PED's mentioned above to carry himself through a good three-month portion of any racing season here in the Northeast for around $1,000 US.

It's all in the procurement.

Good information. It's even cheaper than I had estimated from the body building forums.